MARKETING MANAGER (TORONTO, ONTARIO)
Emergent BioSolutions is currently seeking a Marketing Manager for our Toronto Office (Canada). The successful candidate will have a bachelors degree or equivalent in business, healthcare marketing, health sciences or in a related field and have three or more years of relevant experience in pharmaceuticals/life sciences. Must have demonstrated enthusiasm, strong initiative, and high sense of urgency with the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. In addition, this individual will possess a strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence and innovation.
Emergent BioSolutions is dedicated to one simple mission-to protect and enhance life.
As a global specialty pharmaceutical company, Emergent offers specialized products to healthcare providers and governments to address medical needs and emerging health threats.
We value the diversity that each employee brings, and while we look for people who share our Core Values, we thrive on difference as well. With hundreds of talented employees working around the globe, Emergent is a growing organization with a wide variety of scientific, technical and professional career opportunities worldwide.
This position is responsible for supporting the commercial promotion of NARCAN Nasal Spray in Canada. Core responsibilities of this role include and are not limited to marketing activities supporting HCPs (pharmacists), Consumers and Government/Public Interest groups. This entails ownership in the development and execution of tactics that ensure optimal positioning, demand, utilization, and overall growth of the brand. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for gaining insights to inform strategies and tactics to maximize adoption of Narcan across the Canadian market.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contributes to the development of annual brand plan with support from external vendors and business partners
- Execution and project management of the tactical plan including implementation of consumer and healthcare professional tactics, and leveraging a diverse portfolio of channels, including field representatives, educational programs, online marketing, news media and social media
- Design and update promotional material and ensures inclusion of messaging and brand strategy, routing materials through PRC (Promotional Review Committee) and working with Legal, Medial and Regulatory partners
- Implements and executes promotional programs and tactics to ensure delivery against brand strategies, including development of work plans
- Building and fostering business relationships with key stakeholders
- Collaborate closely with field-based team to identify insights and opportunities to optimize market positioning and penetration
- Responsible for congress planning
- Drives collaboration with all cross functional partners, including sales, regulatory, legal, analytics, patient advocacy and medical affairs
- Assesses impact of competitive developments and support leaders in developing response plans
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of "normal" work hours in order to meet business demands.
- This position may require local and overnight travel across Canada in fulfilling business needs (approximately 30%).
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business, healthcare marketing, health sciences or a related field is required
- Advanced business degree (MBA) is an asset
- Three or more years of relevant experience in pharmaceuticals/life sciences (marketing, sales, account management, sales training, market access, clinical, etc.)
- Customer facing experience with HCPs in a pharmaceutical environment
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, strong initiative, and high sense of urgency
- Able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with marketing a pharmaceutical product in Canada, and proficiency with regulations around the promotion of drugs and interactions with healthcare providers within the Canadian marketplace (familiarity with the Pharmaceutical Advertising Advisory Board Code and Innovative Medicines Canada Code of Conduct)
- Experience in successfully representing the commercial perspective during the regulatory/legal review of promotional materials
- Enthusiasm, confidence, ability to work on multiple tasks, problem solving ability, creativity and ability to prioritize effectively to meet personal, team and company goals
- Curiosity to understand best practices for channel marketing across industries; confidence in proposing change and novel tactics for brand consideration
- Business acumen to support the ROI determination of promotional spend
- Strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills; able to communicate in a concise, engaging and convincing manner
- Experience in marketing strategy and tactic design with an ability to communicate ideas to internal partners and external agencies
- Capable of leveraging data and analytics to distill insights and drive data-based decision making
- Strong collaborator who can communicate effectively with internal and external business partners, and can effectively leverage the strengths and skills of multiple and diverse business partners
The physical/mental demands are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual would encounter while performing the essential functions of the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Citizenship/Permanent Resident or Valid Work Permit.
Successful Completion of a Criminal Record Check.
Interested? Please visit www.emergentbiosolutions .com under the career section to apply today!