JOB DESCRIPTION :
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
As our Business Analyst you will:
- Independently work with subject matter experts (SME) from across the organization to identify and document current state processes, and to identify process improvement opportunities.
- Engage with team members to identify and document alternatives and recommend future state processes that improve the customer experience and drive efficiencies for the organization
- Collect, clean, analyze and visualize data to inform data driven decisions.
- Work closely with the Translator to identify, coordinate & consolidate dependencies to deliver on the release plan.
- Work closely with the Tech and Data team members to ensure adequate testing by contributing to test plans, identification of test situations and test cases, execution of test plan and verification that test results meet business expectations.
- Identify, escalate and contribute to the resolution of issues and mitigation of risks.
- Define key performance indicators (KPI) used to track success.
- Identify sources of value, with a goal of helping to develop a well-articulated, credible & compelling business case.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED?
- Strong fact-finding skills
- Ability to elicit and consolidate requirements from multiple stakeholders
- Action oriented
- Ability to quickly consume information & translate it into meaningful action
- Exceptional critical thinking skills
- Ability to identify and document the happy path as well as all of the edge cases
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate complex messages and trade-offs clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Well-developed collaboration skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to produce high quality output under strict and accelerated timelines
- True flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to work in ambiguous situations; resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere
- Knowledge of Agile preferred
- Broad knowledge of Group Customer operations and technology is preferred
- Challenger mindset and passion to challenge status quo to find new solutions and drive out of the box ideas
- embraces change
- Believes in a non-hierarchical culture of collaboration, transparency and trust across the team
- Has a learning mindset to take on versatile roles as required by the lab
Canada Life is a leading insurance, wealth management and benefits provider focused on improving the financial, physical and mental well-being of Canadians. For more than 170 years, individuals, families and business owners across Canada have trusted us to provide sound guidance and deliver on the promises we've made.
As of January 1, 2020, Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life became one company
- Canada Life, and today, we proudly serve more than 13 million customer relationships from coast to coast to coast.
DISCOVER YOUR OPPORTUNITY....APPLY TODAY!
Canada Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness in our head office facilities. If you'd like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we're one of Canada's leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted