The Alberta Securities Commission is the industry-funded regulator responsible for administering the province's securities laws. It is entrusted with fostering a fair and efficient capital market in Alberta and with protecting investors. As a member of the Canadian Securities Administrators, the ASC works to improve, coordinate and harmonize the regulation of Canada's capital markets. The ASC has been named one of Alberta's Top 70 Employers for the past four years.
The Communications and Investor Education Division provides strategic communications counsel and support to all areas of the ASC to engage and educate internal and external stakeholders. The team promotes consistent, relevant and timely communication through media relations, corporate communications, internal communications, public information and investor education.
Reporting to the Director, Communications & Investor Education, and working with all members of the Communications & Investor Education team, this role offers the successful candidate the opportunity to build their career as a communications generalist, providing exposure to the entire range of activities that the C&IE team undertakes.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Planning, managing, executing and evaluating internal and external events (e.g. holiday parties, employee AGM, United Way Campaign, Contact Reception, Corporate Finance and Market Regulation information sessions, stakeholder roundtables).
- Providing event and logistics support for ASC Connect.
- Working with Communication & Investor Education colleagues to align all events with communication strategies.
- Create/coordinate distribution lists, mailouts, and registration for reports, events, mailouts, etc.
- Research, order and organize marketing products.
- Coordinating news release distribution and effectively leveraging all communication tools available to support communications and investor education activities (website updates, social media channel content updates, pptx polishing, email, CRM, Eventbrite).
- Researching and supporting the execution of grassroots investor education events (e.g. Lethbridge Hurricanes and Calgary Stampeder activations, Home and Garden show booths, etc.).
- Writing and editing support as necessary.
- Serving as back-up webmaster; providing social media and creative support.
- Representing the ASC and CheckFirst externally at conferences and other public activations.
- Providing organizational and administrative support and other responsibilities for the Communications & Investor Education team.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Three to five years event management and communications-related experience.
- Proven project management and organizational skills with the ability to act proactively and independently.
- Experience with financial processes and budgets would be an asset.
- The ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities.
- Excellent relationship-building skills across all levels of an organization and a strong customer service focus when dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
- An undergraduate degree or post-secondary diploma or certificate in communications or relevant program.
- A desire for learning and continuous improvement both personally and organizationally.
- Proficiency in website management/maintenance (HTML, WordPress, Sitecore and Sharepoint).
- Proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills. CP style proficiency would be an asset.
- Experience with Adobe design programs (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator) would be an asset.
Click the Apply For This Job button to submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations by November 5, 2020. You will be contacted if you are selected for an interview. More information about working at the ASC including our comprehensive Total Rewards package can be found on our website at www.albertasecurities.com.