NVIT anticipates a requirement for a Communications and Events Officer at our Merritt campus, and invites applications from qualified individuals. This will be a full-time, ongoing position commencing as soon as a suitable candidate is available.
The Communications and Events Officer is based at the Merritt campus and is a member of the Enrolment Services Team. Reporting to the Associate Registrar
- Learner to Graduation, the Communications and Events Officer is responsible for maintaining the NVIT website, various social media platforms, producing public relations and promotional materials and coordinating institutional special events and student life activities. Other responsibilities include development of marketing/advertising plans and effectively communicating on-campus events and news to the internal and external NVIT community. The Communication and Events Officer is NVIT's main contact person for NVIT's contract communication services.
The Communication and Events Officer works extremely closely with the NVIT Vancouver based Recruitment and Events Officer. As a member of the Enrolment Services Team, the individual assists with selected duties of other team members.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Website maintenance including content, currency and accuracy;
- Leveraging NVIT's branding, communications and public relations strategies and initiatives through various social media platforms and integrated efforts;
- Communicating to the internal and external NVIT community about on-campus events, activities and news;
- Coordinating the production of promotional material such as brochures and posters;
- Preparing and distributing newsletters and/or blogs;
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships and sharing NVIT information and materials with community partners including, but not limited to, First Nation Communities, Indigenous organizations, and educational institutes within the K-12 and post-secondary systems;
- Planning and coordinating NVIT events including graduation, student orientation, awards ceremony, Long Night Against Procrastination, NVIT career fair and other annual events;
- Collaborating with NVIT's Student Society, STSC 101 facilitators, Student Housing Manager, and Success Center Manager to identify opportunities and design initiatives intended to highly engage students in the NVIT experience;
- Preparing an annual event plan outlining a variety of student life activities;
- Coordinating the planning and execution of NVIT's social media, public relations, and marketing strategies; and
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.