At the heart of QIAGEN's business is a vision to make improvements in life possible.
We are on an exciting mission to make a real difference in science and healthcare. We are still the entrepreneurial company we started out as and have today achieved a size where we can bring our full power to many initiatives and to our presence across the globe.
Our most valuable asset are our employees
- more than 5000 in over 35 locations around the world. Our ambition is to ensure we have outstanding and passionate people working in the best teams and we are constantly looking for new talent to join us.
There are few players who have shaped the world of modern science and healthcare as much as QIAGEN, and we have only just started.
If you are looking to advance your career, are seeking new challenges and opportunities, enjoy working in dynamic and international, diverse teams and want to make a real impact on people's lives, then QIAGEN is where you need to be.
Join us. At QIAGEN, you make a difference every day.
This position will be responsible for maintaining growth in base accounts and establishing new business opportunities (instrumentation and consumables) in the clinical diagnostic laboratory market. The target account segments primarily include: Diagnostic Clinical Hospital Laboratories, Regional Reference Laboratories, Public Health, Government Accounts including the VA Health System and Department of Defense, and Student Health.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Create and execute territory business plan, with account specific sales strategies to achieve or exceed territory growth.
- Drive new business by selling QuantiFERON LTBI, QIAStat instruments and syndromic panels, QIAReach e-hub instruments and COVID Ab/Ag assays, and NeuMoDx instrument platforms and assays in targeted markets/accounts.
- Manage opportunity pipeline and accurately project 30-60-90 day forecast
- Routinely interact and collaborate with clinical diagnostic hospital/ lab counterparts.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to IDN and key national lab partner initiatives, as well as engage in co-marketing activities
Focus areas (not limited to): Executive Suites, Infectious Disease/Control, Clinical Laboratory including Immunology, ImmunoChemistry, Microbiology, Virology, Molecular Laboratory, Risk Management, Administration, Hospitalist, Employee Health, Emergency Room, Pediatrics, Human Resources, Pulmonologists, Pharmacy
- Four (4) year Bachelor's Degree is required. BS with science related major preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years successful clinical diagnostic sales experience, including hospital laboratory instrument sales
- Consistent top performer; President's Club or similar preferred
- Selling outside the laboratory is required
- Knowledge of medical institution hierarchy
- Location: Vancouver
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative.
- Excellent listening, written, and oral communication skills for all business levels.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Strong Territory Management Skills, creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills
- Excel proficiency is a must. Sales Force.Com experience preferred.
- Negotiation and selling skills. Experience with Miller-Heiman and Consultative Selling Skills is a plus.
What we offer
At the heart of QIAGEN are our people who drive our success. We act with passion, always challenging the status quo to drive innovation and continuous improvement. We inspire with our leadership and make an impact with our actions. We create a collaborative, safe and engaging workplace which forms the basis for high performing individuals and teams. We drive accountability and entrepreneurial decision-making and want you to excel your growth and shape the future of QIAGEN.
QIAGEN is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including but not limited to assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.