Our Corporate Services division consists of Human Resources, Information Technology, and Business Services and is responsible for ensuring that the agency is able to attract and retain a talented and highly-engaged workforce within an environment that encourages and enables staff to deliver IO's mandate through programs, processes, and tools that align with the needs of the organization.
We are currently looking for a Communications Advisor to join a team of awesome people and high performing professionals who strive to be creative and proactive, earn trust and respect, and achieve excellence.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You will thrive on building constructive relationships across the organization and various levels of government, as well as public and private sector partners, to deliver successful communications programs.
- You will execute communications, media relations and client relationships required to proactively plan, implement and monitor communications of IO's work as assigned, with a focus on projects in the transit and transportation sectors.
- You will be assigned responsibility for communications various transit and transportation projects including attending meetings with project delivery teams and clients, identifying and supporting communications requirements for each project and building strong relationships, both internally and externally, to support successful communications programs.
- You will develop communications products including media releases, key messages, communications plans, issue notes, and web and social media content.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in journalism, communications, public relations, marketing or related field.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic communications and issues management plans, developing communication products, conducting media relations, stakeholder relations and managing special events.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, sound judgement and strong analytical skills.
- You must possess a minimum of five years of experience in communications, media, marketing or public relations.
- Experience or knowledge of public sector, construction or transit sectors is considered an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and familiarity with social media platforms including Twitter and LinkedIn.
Infrastructure Ontario is an inclusive employer, we encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
By submitting your application you are granting Infrastructure Ontario permission to process your personal data during the recruitment process and for keeping records of the process. Infrastructure Ontario may share your personal data internally to appropriate persons involved in the recruitment process and to third parties where there is an administrative or lawful basis for doing so. Provided that Infrastructure Ontario does not have any lawful reason to continue processing your personal data, you may make a formal request to rectify, erase or restrict (the processing of) your personal data.