Application Deadline: October 23, 2020
Job Type: Full-time, Salaried position, 1 year Mat leave contract
- 60,000 Annually
Great Work. Great People. Great Place. GREAT Purpose.
Are you looking for a career that makes a real difference in the lives of Albertans? Do you want to be part of a growing organization with opportunities for development? Do you want to look forward to coming to work every day? Do you want to work with others to make a difference with dignity and joy? Then Goodwill Industries of Alberta is the place for you!
Goodwill is dedicated to providing people with disabilities the opportunity to find meaningful employment. This is made possible as a direct result of the generosity of Albertans in our community who choose to donate to Goodwill, where these items are resold through our successful retail stores. Our dedicated, ambitious and hard-working team members are the key to our success. By showing that we care, working as a team, continuously improving, and being accountable, our organization is driven towards GREATness, all the while, inspiring Albertans to make a difference.
The Brand Lead is responsible for leading, coordinating and implementing a wide variety of in-store as well as organizational wide marketing initiatives and projects. There will be a strong focus on public relations, media relations and event planning. This position will be based out of Calgary in the Brand Integrity Department with the position providing innovative ways to attract customers and donors in collaboration with the Manager of Brand Integrity.
In collaboration with the Manager of Brand Integrity & Marketing, your key responsibilities will include:
- Networking and building brand awareness in the Alberta community.
- Creating media and grass roots connections within the local thrift community.
- Providing tours for the general public, including speaking publicly in front of an engaged audience.
- Investigating and developing low cost, high profile marketing opportunities for Goodwill that will leverage budget dollars and sponsorship opportunities.
- Assisting in the development of the annual marketing strategy and provide recommendations to achieve the goal of dominating the donor market.
- Developing, coordinating, implementing and evaluating all organizational events, ensuring they operate efficiently, and generate maximum revenue and exposure.
- Conducting market research, making site visits, managing resources and negotiating for space contract to make decisions for event possibilities.
- Maintaining and creating content for all corporate social media platforms.
- Leading and contributing to various marketing projects and initiatives as required.
Successful candidates will have:
- Degree or Diploma specializing in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or Media.
- Knowledge of marketing best practices.
- Intermediate to advanced skills using Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Intermedia to advanced skills using Adobe Creative Suite.
- Prior work in retail or social service industries would be considered an asset.
- Must pass a criminal record and vulnerable sector check
Goodwill Core Competencies:
- Deliver professional and excellent customer service to all stakeholders and team members of Goodwill.
- Demonstrate teamwork and engage fellow Team Members in contributing to Goodwill's mission & core purpose.
- Maintain an open and honest attitude while making moral decisions.
- Recognize the great efforts of fellow Team Members through genuine recognition activities.
- Contribute to a welcoming & accepting work environment by showing respect at all times.
- Hold oneself and fellow Team Members accountable in their roles and for their contributions to Goodwill's mission & core purpose.
- Continuously look to improve oneself and the organization in any aspect including but not limited to processes, communications, tasks and customer experience.
- Prioritize safety in all tasks, ensuring safety of self as well as fellow Team Members.
The Application Process:
For more information on Goodwill Industries of Alberta and what we offer, please visit our website at www.goodwill.ab.ca.
Candidates interested in this opportunity should forward their resume and a 2-3 minute video outlining how they are a GREAT fit by October 23, 2020. We thank all applicants for their interest wanting to be a part of our GREAT purpose. Only applicants who submit a full application will be considered.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a Criminal Record Check
Goodwill Industries of Alberta is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination of any kind.