At Aecon, we're building the future and our people are at the heart of everything we do. We're always looking for exceptional talent to work on our exciting and ever-expanding project portfolios. We are focused on being the #1 Canadian Infrastructure Company and the first choice employer in our industry.
Safe. Trusted. Respected. Aecon Civil is a market leader with a self-perform competitive advantage and core local strength in key markets. We're proud of our work helping to expand and improve Canada's infrastructure and transportation networks, and we're ready to build the future of our country. With over a century of experience, and the ability to offer diverse, comprehensive services, Aecon is a preferred contractor for our clients. This includes numerous public entities and Public-Private Partnerships in Canada and abroad.
Reporting to the Communications Director, the Community Relations and Engagement Coordinator will be working on an exciting heavy civil infrastructure project in Golden, BC. The Coordinator will be an integral part of the Communications and Community Relations team in support of the Province's overall communication objectives and engagement for the Project.
- Ensure the successful delivery and rollout of Project communications programs, campaigns, & collateral.
- Produce proactive and real-time communication responses to emerging issues and opportunities.
- Develop construction and traffic communications strategies with the input of multiple stakeholders.
- Liaise with the Construction management team/on-site construction staff to understand, and accurately communicate the type, sequencing and duration of construction work and its associated impact on the public and other stakeholders.
- Monitor construction schedules and provide real-time progress updates to the JV Partners and team to support the development of accurate and timely public communications materials.
- Uphold public notification requirements to ensure the public receives advance information of upcoming construction activities and impacts.
- Respond, record and assess public inquiries or comments, where required.
- Support the Province's media relations activities by providing accurate information about the Project when required.
- Foster and maintain relationships with residents, business owners, educational institutions, BIAs, and other stakeholders affected by the Project construction activities.
- Attend coordination and working group meetings, as assigned, to identify opportunities for public engagement as well as to coordinate and integrate public communications activities with planned construction works.
- Plan, organize and execute public open houses, information sessions, tele-townhalls, community liaison groups, stakeholder meetings, and community events, as assigned, including the logistics to ensure a consistent, effective, and rewarding experience for all.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Post-secondary education in Communications, Public/Media Relations, Marketing or Business would be considered an asset.
- A communications professional with a minimum of 7 years' of experience with:
- Managing traffic construction and operations communications for transportation construction projects or comparable to the Project.
- Working with government communications processes and policies.
- Developing traffic and communications strategies with the input of multiple stakeholders.
- Planning and managing community and stakeholder engagement for transportation construction projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills. In addition to being responsible for developing relationships with community members, stakeholders and members of the public, the candidate will be required to work within a large multi-disciplinary construction team.
- Must be an exceptional writer/editor/proofreader, with demonstrated written/verbal business communication skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles and practices of brand management to successfully shape the JV's messaging and reputation.
- Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills, as well as superior project management and time management abilities.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital/social media; experience delivering communications across all communications channel.
- Excellent Computer skills including proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Able to work a flexible schedule as required.
- A proactive approach to a safety conscious culture.