OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT
The Communications Service of the Diocese of Montreal is looking for a Translator/Editor (French-English). Reporting to the Director of Communications, this person will be entrusted with tasks related to the translation, revision, editing and writing of texts, mainly from French to English.
- Translate and revise (FR-EN) e-mails, letters, press releases, presentations, speeches, posters, projects, etc.
- Edit and translate (FR-EN) articles for the weekly newsletter;
- Review, edit and translate social media messages as needed;
- Provide linguistic advice;
- Provide video subtitling;
- Support the editor and the team in various communication projects;
- Perform any other linguistic tasks as required by the department manager.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Superior English language skills;
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years experience as a translator in the FR-EN combination;
- Relevant experience in language editing and/or proofreading;
- Demonstrate strong translation, revision, editing and writing skills;
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite;
- Ability to listen and discern through teamwork with both internal and external stakeholders and partners.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines: Demonstrate speed of execution, efficiency, multitasking and creativity;
- Demonstrate an interest in the mission of the Church and knowledge of the Catholic community in Montreal.
WORK CONDITIONS :
- Telework, full-time, 32.5 hours per week.
- Start date: September 2020
- Salary and benefits in accordance with the standards and working conditions of
La Corporation archiépiscopale catholique romaine de Montréal (CACRM)
Those interested in this position are requested to submit their application with a cover letter to the
attention of: Human Resources by September 14, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only successful candidates will be
contacted for an interview.
Selected candidates may be asked to write/translate an argument/text in order for the selection team to be able to assess his/her writing skills.