(12 Months contractual position)
The mission of the Jewish General Hospital Foundation is to advance health care and medical research for the people of Quebec by supporting Montreal's Jewish General Hospital, a tertiary-care, McGill University teaching hospital.
The Foundation provides essential assistance to the Hospital to enhance its extraordinary patient care, to further scientific discovery and to acquire the most recent and innovative medical equipment.
We partner with inspired members of the community to implement a wide variety of fundraising initiatives to achieve these ambitious goals. Join us – Together, we can deliver awe-inspiring medical breakthroughs and keep pushing forward, improving lives, research & patient care. Here in Québec, and around the world.
The donor is king. Content is queen. Compelling content is fire and social media its gasoline! We need someone who gets that. Someone who will generate rich content and stories that attract new supporters and engage our audiences through traditional and digital means…someone who knows that stories can live everywhere and who has the passion to find and share them. You understand the customer decision making journey (in our case the donor). You get that the channel is important but that it is content that converts. You know that marketing automation and lead nurturing happen across a multitude of platforms and channels: web, social, snail mail, email and in our public relations outreach. We want someone, who like us, believes in the value of brilliant storytelling.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage digital platforms and all supporting social media channels including email /newsletter distribution, in-hospital screens, website, etc.
- Keep website up-to date, ensuring copy works effectively for search engine optimization purposes
- Develop highly engaging digital content for each persona (targeted audience) at each stage of their engagement cycle. Platforms include social media, web copy, events fundraising, impact reporting and stewardship.
- Oversee and monitor the performance of digital channels in order to report to internal clients
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to produce relevant content to 12 month content calendar that meets the needs of our various audiences and project objectives
- Develop and deploy digital fundraising initiatives for annual program and digital components of stewardship program (e-appeals, e-newlsetters, events, social and website)
- Collaborate in the creation of drip/trigger campaigns
- Proofread and edit team members content
- Light design duties, ensuring integrity of the brand
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- 1-3 years working experience in a similar role, ideally not for profit
- Educational background in marketing, digital media or a related field
- Must understand digital best practices, especially social media channels and which content and approaches work and why
- Strong communication and writing skills with impeccable written English and a strong command of spoken French
- Proficiency in digital marketing management systems in order to generate traffic, convert and nurture visitors into donors, brand ambassadors. Wordpress, Hootsuite, Constant Contact and Crowd Change an asset.
- Proven track record working with a content strategy on a communications team
- Knowledge of digital marketing tactics, including basic SEO, email marketing and web analytics, content categorization and structure, content development, distribution and measurement
- Basic graphic design capability - working from existing templates to generate assets using Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier Pro Adobe Creative Suite is an asset.
- Knowledge of basic HTML/CSS
- Comfortable working inside website CMS and emailing software (like Constant Contact)
- Some experience with media buying (SEM, social)
- Some experience with content CMS for closed circuit screen broadcast systems
- Ability to prioritize and pivot in a fast-paced, service-oriented environment
- Strong project management & problem solving skills
- Regular full-time position (35 hours / week).
- Competitive salary.
- Health, dental and pension plan coverage.
- Position to be filled immediately.