Reporting to the National Director of Products and Marketing, the Product Manager is responsible for product planning and developing the marketing strategy for national and regional product lines as well as analyzing import opportunities.
- Develops and maintains business relationships with key regional and/or national suppliers.
- Seek and analyse new import opportunities for the company, consistent with the current distribution model.
Ability to develop logistical scenarios and assess related costs: Inbound and Outbound freight and other related expenses.
- Interacts with regional and national staff to ensure the supplier programs and products conform to our company’s ethics, distribution model, pricing structures, operational and safety requirements, profitability requirements, customer needs and consumer/builder preferences.
- Be the gate keeper of national and regional vendor agreements, influence profitability at the regional level, maintain all national pricing functions, participate in the Pre-Pricing JDE process and manage all claims processes with suppliers to optimize profitability.
- Interact with regional purchasing to maintain optimal inventory levels in all branches and looks into the development of centralized and optimized distribution models.
- Ensure an effective communication loop to the sales organisation is achieved on all activities consistent with the
- National Director of Products and Marketing, the National Accounts Director and the national and regional requirements.
- Seek new solutions and expand customer service offerings through interaction with other Product Managers, the
- Marketing department and National Accounts.
- Develop national pricing strategies, assist with regional pricing strategies and involved in system pre- pricing.
- Ability to become proficient in the use of our Company JDE system and other analytical business tools: i.e. Qlikview, etc.
- 5 years’ minimum distribution product management experience
- Construction and hardware building materials industry knowledge
- Excellent presentation skills as well as excellent communication skills – both oral and written
- Able to influence without direct authority
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical skills
- Maintain positive and enthusiastic attitude even in adverse situations
- Proven ability to quickly learn new technologies and then clearly communicate their highest value propositions
- Good keyboarding skills and computer skills; very comfortable with Excel, Word, Outlook
- Excellent English communication skills at a capacity to influence sales, in person and over the phone, with customers at various levels
- Write emails, letters, and sale documents in a professional manner
Denis Racine - 450-449-8787 poste 223