WHO WE ARE:
Narcity Media is a digital-only media publication that owns and operates NARCITY.COM + MTLBLOG.COM. We reach over 16M millennials monthly on our websites, while our social channels engage over 1M millennials daily.
We are a group of passionate creative individuals who are devoted to creating the best content for our readers and clients. We are on a mission to revolutionize local news and travel globally.
What We’re Looking For: Product Manager, Data & Insights
The Data & Insights Product Manager is the owner of everything related to data, analytics & insights at Narcity Media. Your role is to support teams with the implementation of our CDP, the real-time flow of data and analytics in between our products & people, and make actionable recommendations to increase user engagement and revenue.
- Own the CDP, analytics & insights products @ Narcity Media, ensure we have actionable data at all times and we can derive insights that increase revenue and user engagement
- Work with Product, UX and marketing teams to understand and identify user behaviors and the key metrics that will guide our Product roadmaps
- Take ownership of internal testing and business intelligence tools and provide the vision for the roadmap for these tools in collaboration with Product team
- Hire, manage and coach a team of Product Analysts and Researchers that are passionate about empowering our Content and Product teams with better insights and user experience personalization in real-time
- Constantly seek to understand customer and user needs as well as market trends through experiments, customer interaction and surveys, build Narcity Insights group to help support sales & large scale campaigns
- Work with UX on building continuous user & customer feedback systems to help define and increase our NPS scores for all products
- Define, manage and monitor product and business KPIs through dashboards, such as: revenue growth, logged-in user growth, total engaged time across platforms, traffic growth by market, etc.
- Own and manage Data & Insights OKRs, set expectations of stakeholders through frequent and clear communication of vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Build out user funnels and customer journeys with our Marketing team and partners, build dashboards that give us accurate user and customer LTV at all times and steps of the funnel
- Set and evaluate product success using qualitative and quantitative measures
YOU HAVE/YOU ARE:
- Proven track record of improving website performance, content strategy and revenue based on data-driven strategy
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in product management or data & insights management positions
- Highly motivated, autonomous, extremely curious about data and how it can help solve business problems and better user experience
- Strong experience with data extraction, manipulation and blending across different data sources (Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics, CRMs, DMPs & dashboard softwares)
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills while managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working in agile environments and building clear product scopes
- Knowledge of the media landscape, including a comprehension of display advertising, consumer-facing websites, social media
- Experience working on large consumer-facing, ad-supported websites focused on audience engagement and growth
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and have experience working on and communicating with fast-paced, dynamic teams
- Excellent Excel (or Google Sheets) skills
- Understanding of data privacy laws in Canada, US and Europe
- Experience building privacy policies and working with user consent management systems
- Previous involvement in the development of internal testing and analytics tools is an asset
- Someone with strong analytical thinking, critical thinking and driven by data
- Someone who listens first, and employs strong levels of empathy for users & customers using our products
- Someone who is very ethics oriented and cares deeply about user privacy
- Someone who believes in our mission of rethinking how local news and travel intersects, and connecting users to their city in a more efficient way
MORE ABOUT US
The name Narcity, comes from the belief that we should all be narcissists for our city. We believe the cities of today don’t get the attention they deserve, and we strive to correct that through meaningful local news and travel stories. Show us that city pride!
If this resonates with who you are, take the first step and apply, we can’t wait to talk with you!