We are currently seeking a Community Manager based in our office in Montréal, Québec.
Why Dairy Farmers of Canada?
- Dairy Farmers of Canada offers a variety of group benefits that ensures the health and wellness of its employees;
- Dairy Farmers has a competitive vacation policy, with vacation starting at three weeks per annum. In addition, our offices are closed with full pay from December 25 to January 2 inclusively;
- Dairy Farmers of Canada provides training and career advancement opportunities, and fosters a dynamic environment of teamwork and collaboration;
- Schedule with an average of 35 hours per week;and
- Do you love dairy products? If so, you will be pleased to hear that we offer complementary cheese, yogurt and a variety of milk products on a daily basis!
The Community Manager will create and implement a social media and community management plan for a variety of audiences, as well as recommend, deploy and execute appropriate communication strategies for the various platforms. In addition to being an expert on the various platforms and their usage habits, the successful candidate will excel at creating content and specialize in managing online interactions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and deploy a social networking strategy;
- Work in synergy with the Marketing, Communications and Agencies;
- Research, develop, create, and publish content (texts, photos, videos, gifs, stories, etc.) on the organization’s social networks, professional accounts or any other digital platform;
- Develop, plan and update detailed editorial and social media calendars in collaboration with internal stakeholders, as required;
- Monitor and moderate conversations on all assigned platforms;
- Respond to enquiries from consumers and producers as required;
- Facilitate grass roots interactions with consumers and similar targeted brands;
- Create relationships, analyze social media demographics to generate growth;
- Gather a network of collaborators and influencers with the Marketing and/or Communications team and manage those relationships during campaigns;
- Enforce, with DFC’s legal department, all legal aspects applicable to the digital ecosystem regarding content and the user subscription process to various DFC communications (opt-ins/opt-outs);
- Effectively manage customer/subscriber databases;
- Keep abreast of new trends in social media, influencers and digital analytics tools; and,
- Analyze competitive industries’ and organizations’ methods and publications to determine action plans and apply continuous improvement and best practices.
- Write and edit social media content and presentations by being totally immersed in the target market and taking the brand language into consideration;
- Ensure the DFC brand is appropriately represented in all social networking initiatives in order to project a positive image to promote the brand and increase DFC’s positive exposure;
- Identify social media content, threads, and discussions that may require DFC to intervene or respond and prepare key messages accordingly;
- Assist in producing content to support various internal requirements; and,
- Ensure the social networking strategy is consistent and reflects the strategic vision of the organization.
- Provide monthly KPI reports for each platform on audiences, target market specifications, organic vs. paid ads and recommend strategies;
- Collect data to produce reports;
- Analyze the performance of DFC’s social presence;
- Optimize strategies based on results; and
- Advise and inform colleagues of campaign results and make appropriate decisions to optimize current and future campaigns.
Perform other related tasks as required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, in French and English;
- Natural ease with all social media platforms, self-motivated to apply continuous improvement;
- Keen understanding of social media platforms and their management systems;
- Ability to produce text, analyze and synthesize information quickly and accurately;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with all levels and stakeholder groups, internal and external to DFC;
- Ability to demonstrate tact, diplomacy and discretion in all communications;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to effectively handle problems simultaneously and meet scheduled timelines;
- Adaptability to change and ability to navigate uncertainty;
- Ability to work independently and within a team, balanced with taking direction and guidance;
- Highly professional, have good judgment, proactively take initiative, able to multitask and demonstrate ability to work well under pressure;
- Ability to demonstrate creativity, initiative, motivation and judgment in order to respond appropriately to requests for information;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint, and social media platforms;
- Proficient in graphic design programs such as Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and/or Canva; and,
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems, such as Drupal, considered an asset.
- Bachelor's degree or diploma in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or another related field;
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant experience in community management;
- Experience in food, consumer packaged goods or other similar industries;
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital analytic tools such as Google Analytics;
- Knowledge of the dairy sector an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of trends in social media and major platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat etc.);
- Adept at using social media management and monitoring tools;
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital analytics tools such as Google Analytics
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint; and,
- Bilingual (French and English) is a MUST.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Must be able to work overtime as required and perform work related activities after working hours in order to build a strong network and meet operational needs. Occasional travel is required to attend meetings primarily within Canada.
ABOUT DAIRY FAIRY FARMERS OF CANADA
Dairy Farmers of Canada (DFC) is the national policy, advocacy and promotional organization representing Canada’s farmers. DFC strives to create stable conditions for the Canadian dairy sector, today and in the future. It works to maintain policies that foster the viability of Canadian dairy farming and promote dairy products and their health benefits.For additional information, please visit our website at https://www.dairyfarmers.ca/
If this sounds like it was made for you, we would like to hear from you! We encourage you to further explore this opportunity by submitting your resume AND cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.