A trade association located in Montreal is seeking a fully bilingual individual with a passion for writing and telling stories to develop and produce a range of communications products to enhance awareness of the organization’s brand and increase engagement with members and other stakeholders.
- Create and produce communication products such as annual reports, monthly newsletters, social media and blog posts, articles for trade publications, news releases, website content, speeches and slide presentations;
- Coordinate the planning and execution of association events including conferences, workshops and member seminars;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a communications plan to support the association’s mission and objectives, increase communications to members and enhance external visibility;
- Assist with the drafting and editing of submissions to government and other stakeholders;
- Monitor media and digital platforms for news and content of interest;
- Manage the association’s membership database and contact lists;
- Represent the association at external meetings and events when required;
- Perform administrative duties as needed.
- 3-5 years of pertinent experience;
- University degree in communications or relevant field;
- Impeccable writing skills, including ability to create, revise and edit text in both English and French;
- Ability to design and create layouts which invite and engage readers (webpages, newsletter templates, corporate documents, logos, banners, etc.);
- Strong computer and digital media skills (including Microsoft Office, WordPress, Adobe);
- Proficiency with a range of social media platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Mailchimp);
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal direction in a small office environment;
- Flexibility to work extended hours and travel on occasion;
- Self starter who is creative, resourceful and adaptable.
This is a six-month contract position that will transition to permanent status for the right individual. We are looking to fill this position at the earliest opportunity.
Interested candidates should provide a copy of their CV, a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position, and two writing samples (article, newsletter, webpage, etc.).
Please note that CV’s without an accompanying cover letter and writing samples will not be read.