Group Benefits and Retirement Solutions (GBRS) serves the needs of plan sponsors and members, and market sources to help make Canadians lives better. Because when employees’ lives are made better, organizations are healthier and stronger.
The marketing team is accountable for developing sound marketing strategies to support GBRS’s growth objectives and distinguish GBRS as the premier service provider in the Group Benefits and Group Retirement industry – managing the strategies from concept, through to detailed execution and launch.
The Manager’s mandate is to:
- Develop and manage the implementation of GBRS marketing strategies and campaigns that support our brand, value proposition, market differentiation, and business objectives.
- Develop strategies informed by insights and thorough competitive analysis
- Lead a team to execute marketing strategies, large and complex campaigns/projects (L level will lead highly complex projects, initiatives that have high reputational risk or require collaboration across the Division) from concept through to completion including development of internal and external messages, content, marketing collateral, and support materials/tools including ROI assessments and post implementation reviews.
- Provide coaching and project guidance to associate and assistant marketing managers.
- Support and facilitate the development and execution of marketing plans that align with business objectives and the overarching marketing strategy, value proposition, and that ladder up to support our Divisional strategic priorities
- Assist Director with the development and implementation of the overarching marketing strategies (ie – for GB and GRS as business units – within one business unit, but highly complex) that will differentiate Manulife’s GBRS positioning in the marketplace to plan sponsor, market source or plan member audiences.
- Lead the development of integrated marketing plans for large/complex projects (projects with reputational risk, or require collaboration across the business unit) – informed by insights and competitive intel - from concept through to completion, including development of strategies, KPIs, and external messages, content, marketing collateral including presale story/content, digital and social strategies, support materials, ROI assessments and post implementation reviews.
- Lead the execution of all marketing tactics within the project scope working collaboratively with key stakeholders from across Manulife as well as approved internal and external vendors to effectively support and execute project deliverables and initiatives, staying within assigned budget.
- Develop plans and implement the tactics, programs, and projects required to support the marketing strategy defined for GBRS.
- Manage each plan/campaign/project by following a project plan task list, ensuring successful delivery on all aspects of each project including quality marketing materials and, timely execution of each task.
- Optimize the project’s activities, providing recommendations and ensuring alignment with the marketing strategy, project timeline and budget.
Direct to member strategies
- Develop and execute strategies that are focused on the consumer (B2C) while supporting B2B strategic elements
- Develop and execute measurable lead generation strategies that support sales/business objectives/KPIs
- Identify and implement relevant digital marketing tactics that support overall strategy
- Identify strategic opportunities, and work with key stakeholders, to curate, repurpose existing or create new content to fill a customer-centric opportunity
- Provide advice and direction to business stakeholders regarding opportunities to leverage content for business growth
- Collaborate and influence across Manulife’s matrix organization, utilizing contacts to build and strengthen teamwork, collaboration, performance and efficiencies.
- In partnership with Global and Manulife Canada Marketing, Distribution, Product, Marketing, Sales Support, Research, Branding, Public Relations, Social Media, and vendors, support and plan marketing campaigns and projects to execute an integrated plan Sponsor/member’s experience.
- Identify and champion continuous improvements in processes and functions to increase department’s efficiencies.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in marketing related field.
- 7-10 years relevant experience developing and implementing marketing strategies.
- Proven expertise in planning and executing marketing campaigns.
- Knowledge and expertise in digital and social marketing tactics and strategies.
- Experienced in content strategy and development
- In-depth knowledge of the financial services industry considered beneficial.
- Experience in managing a team.
- Exemplary problem solving, decision making and innovative thinking skills
- Experienced marketer with broad skill-set, able to identify and deliver E2E marketing through various disciplines/channels/tactics
- Strong ability to work in an environment of rapid change
- Strong ability to think big and make recommendations outside of organizational traditional norms.
- Adept strategic thinker
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong client and relationship management skills
- Adept at navigating and networking wider marketing organization to leverage specialized skills, influence engagement and gain support
- Strong business planning and project management skills
- Excellent consulting, influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong digital and social media skills
- Strong people management skills
- Strong organizational skills