Hello, Montrealers! The Foundry by Monster is growing, expanding, and always looking for more potential Monsters. Montreal, we know, is nothing short of creative talent. If you know what it takes to grab people’s attention with neat visual pieces. If you live and breathe user experience and web design. If you, too, have nightmares about Comic Sans, keep reading. If you’ve got this little special something, take a look at the job description below. We'd love to hear from you!
The Web Designer will assist the Creative Manager in the execution of creative assets for The Foundry, including creating responsive career websites, leveraging all things web and design to deliver unique projects to clients. They will plan and execute the designs by taking into account both the client’s goals and providing an enhanced user experience to meet those goals.
- Understand client needs and user psychology, visualize user interface concepts (static/dynamic and responsive/adaptable) cleanly and efficiently, find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability) and evaluate the success of the solution
- Coordinate with copywriters and other designers to implement attractive designs at various stages: wireframes, mock-ups, prototypes, and produce assets like images, icons and banners.
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers and project managers
- Keep abreast of industry trends and technology by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks
- Bilingual – English and French
- 5+ years of experience in web design, with proven experience (portfolio)
- Familiar with UX and UI principles, philosophies, and methodologies. This includes, but is not limited to: user research, flow diagrams, wireframes, clickable prototypes and the use of user personas.
- Design Guru – passionate, obsessed with the latest trends, innovative and quick creative thinker. Loves everything web design.
- Detail-oriented, with an eye for thoroughness and accuracy
- Capable of adapting to different client’s design styles, regardless of own personal design preferences.
- Strong interpersonal skills, complemented by the ability to work independently and as part of a team, in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized, with effective time management and the ability to adapt and prioritize effectively
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Extensive knowledge and experience designing in Adobe Creative Suite, mainly: XD, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Has a solid understanding of technical implementations and limitations
- Written and verbal communication skills are strong, has the skills to present concepts and ideas
ABOUT THE FOUNDRY BY MONSTER
We're born from Monster, one of the biggest .coms in the world. We've shaped the recruitment industry as it stands today, and are continuing to create innovative paths in the world of recruitment. We've been gathering and analyzing job seeker data over the course of 25 years – how they think, how they behave, and how they convert. No one else can build and manage your employer recruitment projects like we can. We are The Foundry by Monster, an employer branding agency specialized in everything-job-seeker-and-employer. We are a big-idea, good-enough-is-not-enough, nuts-and-bolts team of digital strategists, digital recruitment and branding experts. We help HR professionals, marketers and business owners create and promote their employer brand and become employers of choice.