Under the guidance of the SNJM Congregational Leadership Team (CLT), within the oversight of the Executive Director of the SNJM General Administration (ED) and in tandem with the French-language Communications’ Specialist, the selected candidate will apply the necessary competencies to:
- Support the philosophy, goals, objectives, bilingual functioning and programs of the CLT.
- Conceive (create, edit, proofread, publish and broadcast) print and digital content in English intended for internal or public readership or audience, informing them of the SNJM’s mission and actions.
- Intercede with the English-language media to animate public interest in the congregation’s activities.
- To fulfill these shared core responsibilities, our English- and French-language Communications Specialists will work together collaboratively.
SHARED TASKS AND DUTIES
Our English- and French-language Communications Specialists will cooperate with provincial counterparts and other SNJM administrative services, and may execute any of the following tasks and duties:
- Work with the CLT and ED to articulate a coherent strategic vision and formulate ensuing communications action plans.
- Design and publish brochures, newsletters, surveys, forms, news releases, correspondence, announcements and/or the corresponding digital publications.
- Proofread texts, write articles, think-up headlines and photos caption for CLT publications on either print or digital platforms.
- Organize public events.
- Coordinate photo and video shoots, and audio recordings. as needed.
- Oversee translation of documents into the languages employed within the Congregation.
- Update the content and design of the Congregational website.
- Continuously update the CLT Facebook wall and any other social media.
- Identify, create and develop media opportunities and monitor media relations.
- Advise CLT on communications matters and on media relations strategies.
- Elaborate and draft procedures governing the release of accurate information concerning congregation, sisters, employees and/or facilities, including preplanning for contingency and crisis communications.
- Coordinate the assignment of appropriate spokespersons to each event or situation, and assists in preparing comment lines.
- Actively collaborate with communication personnel from other religious communities and SNJM provinces; use information acquired and opportunities identified that could be conducive to improving communications for the CLT.
- Oversee the maintenance of a library of the CLT’s digital intellectual property, including logos, images, video and audio files, documents, and presentations.
- Coordinate work performed by vendors for print, web and video projects.
- Prepare, track and adhere to the communications budget.
- Perform any other assigned duties.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
To represent our SNJM mission optimally, we are looking for a person of reflection and action, who is mission-oriented and who possesses the following aptitudes:
- Exceptional English-language writing skills.
- Native-level proficiency in spoken English and French.
- University degree, preferably in communications, arts or the humanities.
- Wide range of professional communications skills and competencies, preferably acquired in a charity or NFP organization.
- Ability to create and to maintain effective working relationships with constituencies motivated by a broad range of interests.
- Capacity to partake in a collaborative and supportive team environment.
- Capacity to move projects from inception to completion.
- Competence within the Windows, IOS and Android environments.
- Proficiency using Office, and familiarity using Adobe and Google suites’ programs related to communications.
- Experience with religious institutions and competency in Spanish would be a plus.
Part-time staff position (21 hours per week).
Competitive salary dependant on experience and qualifications.
Wide range of benefits: medical, dental, life, long-term disability, pension plan, personal days, lunch at cafeteria included.
Respectful colleagues, collaborative workplace and pleasant work environment.