Technical Writer, for a Software as a Service company.
We’re currently seeking a professional Technical Writer to join our expanding Customer Care team. Under the supervision of the Customer Care Manager, the ideal candidate will have extensive experience as a content developer in software development, IT or other related industries. His/Her primary responsibility will be creating, editing, translating and updating high-quality documentation, product releases announcements, tutorials and how-tos in our online help center. During our quarterly product updates, the Technical Writer may also work with our Product Development teams to improve end-user experience.
The Technical Writer will regularly collaborate with Customer Care Representatives and Account Directors to identify areas of improvement for our online help center: This person will be responsible to produce an editorial calendar of upcoming articles to meet our clients’ needs. They will be using their knowledge and solid writing skills to highlight the value of our software in an easy to understand language that speaks to our end-users from all types of backgrounds, from data entry clerks to management.
- Plan, create and edit technical content (how-to manuals, FAQs, product updates release notes, technical presentations, etc.) that help end-users use our SaaS stakeholder engagement application and provide resources for our Customer Care team.
- Ensure that all documentation is produced and updated in the 3 basic languages of our software (English, French, Spanish).
- Build a style guideline for all technical documentation.
- Manage updates and revisions to all released content.
- Work closely with Product Development teams to ensure the accuracy of product documentation.
- DEC or Bachelor’s degree in Technical Writing/Professional Writing, Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering, or any relevant field of study
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role, in the software, IT or other relevant industries
- Proven track record in grasping complex concepts and communicating information clearly to different types of users, from beginners to advanced users
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to interact with team members and customers
- Bilingual: excellent communication skills in English and in French (written and spoken)
- Proficient communication skills in Spanish, an asset
- Expert writing and editing skills – grammar, syntax, organization
- Excellent knowledge of technical writing methods, trends, and technologies
- Ability to prioritize work to meet tight deadlines
- Expertise with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Knowledge of video editing tools, an asset
Boréalis is the world’s most advanced stakeholder engagement software. The Boréalis Application counts over 3,000 users who are working at building trusting relationships with their stakeholders in over 40 countries.
With 15 years of expertise under our belt, we are the leading stakeholder engagement software company. On a day-to-day basis, this reflects in our management style, which is horizontal rather than hierarchical.