Rocky Mountain has been designing, developing and perfecting mountain bikes in and around the North Shore of Vancouver, British Columbia since 1981. Its diverse terrain is an ideal proving ground for all types of riding. As riders ourselves, we strive to build the best bikes in the world. From epic adventures to EWS racing, Rocky Mountain bikes are designed for people who LOVE THE RIDE.
Role Title: Marketing Director
Under supervision of: Chief Commercial Officer
Location: Development Center, North Vancouver, Canada
As part of the Directors and management team, the Marketing Director is responsible for managing and directing the Rocky Mountain marketing and brand. The director is responsible for establishing and implementing the brand across all marketing activities, as well as crafting a global strategy while addressing multi-channels and maintaining brand integrity within a distributor business model. The Marketing Director manages the various team members (primarily the Brand Manager, Marketing Operations Manager, Event Marketing Manager, Sports Marketing Coordinator, and Graphic Designer) and liaises with other departments (Sales, Product, Operations & R&D) to facilitate effective interdepartmental communication.
- 5 or more years of senior marketing management experience, preferably within the bicycle or outdoors sporting goods industry
- A bachelor’s degree in the relevant field (business with marketing concentration)
- Confidence in establishing key strategies and implementing them to meet objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to speak in our voice to members of our organization (primarily directors, executives, sales teams and distributors)
- A track record of strong project management leadership
- Consumer and Brand focused
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with solid ability to prioritize issues and drive results in a fast-paced work environment
- Complete knowledge of mountain bike parts compatibility, and working proficiency of mechanic
- Outstanding creative abilities and a passion for brand development
- Working proficiency in Microsoft Office products and modern cloud-based services such as OneNote, Sharepoint, Office 365, BaseCamp, etc
- Native fluency in English, other languages an asset (French)
- Personable and natural interacting in person on both consumer and trade levels
- Background in a B2B2C sales model (IDB’s experience is a must)
- Strong understanding of retail & sports industry
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, oral and written
- Avid cyclist an asset
WHAT WE OFFER
- A diverse North American team, working hard to put the best mountain bikes on the market
- Work in a dynamic and inspiring environment in full speed evolution
- Privilege of best prices on our bikes and merchandise
If this sounds interesting and you like working in a fast paced and exciting environment where your contributions make a difference, then send your resume, by JULY,22. You may attach any cover letter or other relevant materials.
We consider equivalent profiles and respect employment equity. The use of the masculine is used without discrimination and is only intended to lighten this text.