Office: Laval, Québec
Reporting to the National Sales Manager, the Key Account Manager will be a dynamic business strategist with a passion for collaboration and leading cross functional teams internally and externally. This role will be at the forefront of executing our “Partnership Approach” strategy with key business partners.
- Primary contact for the daily operation and support of key business accounts
- Establish annual key account business growth targets in line with Yokohama objectives
- Develop a tailored key account strategy that delivers on the goals of both; the key account and Yokohama
- Subject matter expert within the key account as it relates to the Yokohama business operations, having strong knowledge of core business metrics, such as key value items, inventory turns, net and gross margin rates, GMROI, RPU, etc.
- Monitor and Daily analysis of business trends, progress and activities to constantly measure performance results
- Continuously reviewing business process improvements
- Effectively communicate and negotiate with senior management internally and externally
- Provide weekly and monthly business updates to the National Sales Manager to discuss threats, opportunities, plans and actions
- Make analyzed and educated key account business decisions, within authority, to quickly act to strengthen or defend the Yokohama sales growth
- Clearly articulate action plans, providing guidance and leadership to internal and external teams
- Effectively manage priorities to maximize the return on time invested
- Keep abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, and competitive activities
- University degree in business/management or related disciplines or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience
- Strong planning and executional skills
- Experience with wholesale and retail distribution networks
- Exceptional communication skills in both French and English
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skills with ability to manage and understand large amounts of data
- Proficiency with MS Office and advanced level in Excel
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Willingness to travel within Ontario and Quebec as well as nationally on an occasional basis
- Knowledge of the tire industry in Canada
- Product or market planning experience
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Bonus program based on Company sales and profit objectives
- Comprehensive individual and family benefits coverage
- Defined contribution Group RRSP program
- Competitive vacation package
Yokohama is a ‘Rebel with a Cause’. Our ultimate purpose is to get Canadians to understand that there is more to tires than they think, that not all tires can adequately help them to master Canadian roads, and ultimately to encourage drivers who crave intelligent performance to take the lead and discover what a Yokohama tire can do for them.
As an organization we are purpose driven to find better solutions in a “sea of sameness” and we’re not afraid to defy convention to get there. The values that underpin our company are bravery, ingenuity, determination, and collaboration. Our approach leaves our people, business partners, and the consumers of our brand feeling empowered and exhilarated.
Yokohama Tire (Canada) Inc. is a wholly owned sales and distribution subsidiary of Yokohama Rubber Co. Ltd. (YRC) a leading global manufacturer of rubber products since 1917 which headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. Yokohama Tire (Canada) Inc., founded in 1984 currently employs more than 70 people across Canada with corporate headquarters in Langley, B.C. and 3 regional offices/distribution centers across Canada.
WE ARE DYNAMIC AND AMBITIOUS!
We are a dynamic team driven to do things differently in the tire business.
If you are passionate about the auto industry, joining the YOKOHAMA (Canada) team means joining a challenging human relations environment. Whether the position is located in one of our offices, on the road or in our distribution centers, working at YOKOHAMA means that you will share the strength of our corporate culture.
Yokohama. Tailored to Perform!
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume indicating the job posting Reference Number, 2019_05 to Via Isarta