Do you have a love for comedy and marketing, and the drive to work in the entertainment business? Then we’ve got the job for you! Just for Laughs is seeking an enthusiastic, organized, and hard-working individual to be the Marketing Manager for our festivals!
The Marketing Manager is responsible for planning, executing, and reporting on all aspects of the Montreal festival’s marketing plans and initiatives. They, along with their team, are responsible for ensuring the artistic vitality of JFL and its unique position within a crowded marketplace. We are looking for someone who is able to cultivate new and diverse audiences and maximize box office revenues through a full range of marketing activities, including traditional and new media outlets.
The Marketing Manager will also be involved in the marketing for our other festivals – JFL42 in Toronto and JFL NorthWest in Vancouver – as well as for our TV projects. They report to the JFL Festival Director, JFL Director of Operations, and/or VP Marketing.
Duration – This is a full time position, starting April 2019.
English is essential; bilingualism is an asset.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Establish marketing goals based on revenue forecast, past performance, and market research;
- Work with marketing staff to develop detailed marketing plans for all media and channels;
- Track all marketing and sales data, and create detailed reports for the executive team;
- Champion the brand internally and ensure all JFL departments understand the brand objectives;
- Develop and execute the marketing plans for all JFL festivals – and other JFL projects when needed – including advertising, brochures, promotions, and media partnerships;
- Plan and manage all forms of electronic marketing including websites (i.e. hahaha.com, jfl42.com), e-newsletters, rich media (audio/video), social media, digital advertising, and blogs;
- Leverage data-driven findings and industry-leading trends to identify new opportunities and strategies for the organization to achieve its box office revenue targets;
- Analyze current market conditions and competitor information, and respond to new opportunities and changes in our programming or marketplace;
- Develop and monitor the annual marketing budget, track and process invoices, and report regularly to senior management on expenses;
- Build relationships and foster partnerships with media outlets and vendors;
- Collaborate with the social media and digital content teams to enhance engagement on digital platforms;
- Act as liaison between JFL and the Montreal tourism department;
- Work with the grants and sponsorship teams on deliverables;
- Manage staff resources effectively: define and communicate responsibilities, monitor and appraise results, and provide training and development as required;
As well as everything logically, implicitly, and incidentally related thereto.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor degree in marketing and/or communications;
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience;
- Excellent time management, organizational, and administrative skills;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment with multiple deadlines;
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy;
- Strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills;
- Ability to take initiative and to work both independently and as part of a broader organizational team;
- Professionalism, maturity, and sensitivity to confidential information;
- Computer literacy (including Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word), with the ability to design and maintain internal systems including reports and critical paths;
- Experience with HTML and website design;
- Passion for comedy & performing arts!
Deadline for applications is Friday, March 29th 2019
Please send your CV and cover letter.
No phone calls please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.