The mission of the Jewish General Hospital Foundation is to advance health care and medical research for the people of Quebec by supporting Montreal's Jewish General Hospital.
The Foundation provides essential assistance to enhance the JGH’s extraordinary patient care, to further scientific discovery and to acquire the most recent and innovative medical equipment.
We partner with inspired members of the community to implement a wide variety of fundraising initiatives to achieve these ambitious goals.
The donor is king. Content is queen. Compelling content is fire and social media its gasoline! We need someone who gets that. Someone who can write compelling stories that will engage, excite and persuade our various audiences. We want a storyteller that understands how stories live on many different channels. Someone who believes in the value of integrated marketing communications. The position will be reporting directly to the Director of Marketing and communications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write highly engaging content for a broad range of customer touch points articles and inspiring stories that can be repurposed for multiple channels (snail mail, email donor appeals, blog, social media, corporate website, annual and impact reports, JGH Insider print magazine, e-newsletter, press release/pitch, video and digital content, speech scripts and remarks for Foundation Executives and volunteer leaders, thank-you letters, donor stewardship and impact reports, fundraising proposals, sponsorship pitches)
- Meet with sources to obtain the brief and information to feed the copy
- Brainstorm with other members of the marcomm team on ideas and concepts for the visuals and content
- Present initial ideas to the marcomm team, some of which may be rejected or developed into workable concepts
- Prepare story boards
- Source images
- Modify copy until the internal client is satisfied
- Oversee the production phase, book and liaise with designers, illustrators, printers, photographers and production companies
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing or equivalent experience
- Exceptional written and verbal skills in French and English
- Past experience as copywriter in a fundraising or not-for-profit environment or as a journalist preferred
- Creative thinker with an ability to use data to inform all decisions
- Ability to work effectively and independently within a small, entrepreneurial team, with minimal supervision yet collaboratively with stakeholders and members of the marketing and extended Foundation team
- Solid understanding of online copywriting and how it impacts on search engine optimization
- Solid understanding of visual hierarchy
- Solid understanding of sales and direct response strategies
- Self-motivated with strong problem-solving skills and initiative
- Regular full-time position (35 hours/week)
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental and pension plan coverage
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your CV by February 22, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.