Communications Manager (Internal and External Communications)
The Shipping Federation of Canada (www.shipfed.ca), a trade association located in Old Montreal, is seeking an experienced communications professional to complement the work of a small team of policy experts.
- Develop and implement communications plans/strategies to increase the association’s public visibility and support its mission and objectives;
- Develop communication products such as the annual report, monthly issue updates, speeches, slide presentations, infographics and news releases working in cooperation with the association’s policy experts;
- Oversee the planning and execution of the association’s annual conference, lunch and learn sessions and other events;
- Monitor media and digital platforms for news and content of interest;
- Enhance the association’s presence on social media;
- Produce content for website and update existing web pages;
- Coordinate media relations (interviews, speaking points, etc.);
- Support day-to-day work with respect to member relations (member database, etc.) and Board of Directors meetings (notice, minutes, etc.);
- Fulfill other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 7 years relevant experience preferred;
- University degree in communications or relevant field;
- Superior English communication skills, including ability to produce, revise and edit text;
- Ability to draft documents in French would be a significant asset;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision in a small office environment;
- Flexibility to work extended hours and travel on occasion;
- Resourceful, dependable, creative.
Competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and c.v. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.