Représentant(e)s technique et support aux ventes
Les Agences Stéphane Morin (“SME”) acts as a representative for various North American companies. We specialize in the sale of clothing and outdoor equipment such as Outdoor Research, Prana, Sole, Katadyn, Scarpa, Hilsound, and Gregory. SME has been fast-growing since its inception in 1994 and is currently looking for a new employee to be a technical representative and provide sales support for the Ontario territory.
The technical representative will be responsible for supporting the sales representative for certain major accounts and working with all independent accounts across Ontario. The duties will include communicating their product knowledge to in-store employees, ensuring diligent attention to store visits, tracking of inventory levels, promoting sales, connecting with employees, and attending various events when requested. The technical representative will have to be very independent, self-directing, and have a great sense of organization. This position will require travel within Ontario and Quebec and will include work on evenings and weekends.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Responsible for creating and implementing in-store technical training.
- Responsible for maintaining communication between retailers, SME, and suppliers.
- With the help of their colleagues, create and implement the marketing program for each brand represented.
- Manage the showroom (rotate samples, manage inventory, handle shipments, etc.)
- Visit the retailers in accordance with an established schedule (for sales, inventory, and training).
- Write detailed visit reports and communication of this information to relevant individuals.
- Participate in events organized by our retailers when requested.
- Help set up and dismantle regional shows and sample sales.
- Attend regional sales fairs.
- Other related tasks related to sales support.
- Fluent French and English, both spoken and written.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma and/or other relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in sales, marketing, and/or merchandising.
- Sales experience in, and knowledge of, outdoor clothing and equipment.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, the following software: Word, Excel, Outlook, and Acomba.
- Skills sought include excellent organizational skills, the ability to work both in a team and independently, excellent problem solving, excellent and professional interpersonal skills, and the ability to work under pressure to adapt when necessary.
- This position requires traveling within Ontario and Quebec, up to 80% of the year.
- Be able to lift at least 10kg/22lbs.
- Valid Class G driver's license and passport.
- Employment status: permanent/full time.
- Number of hours per week: 40 hours.
- Salary: to be discussed (according to experience).
- Anticipated Start Date: February 2019.
- Work location : Showroom, North York region
If you are interested in this position, we invite you to send us your resume. We thank you for your interest. Only those whose applications have been selected will be contacted.