We are The Foundry, Monster’s Digital Recruitment Agency, came. We are a Canadian-based, online employer branding agency with over 10 years of web experience, bolstered by over 20 years of seeker data from Monster Worldwide. We are a consulting agency that builds websites to attract the right job seekers with the right messaging.
We are a fun-loving and hard-working team who share a common focus. Joining our team, you will benefit from a competitive compensation package, an open learning environment, and contribute to continual drive for innovation.
At The Foundry we have a lot of great benefits:
- 3+ weeks of vacation
- Remote Work Opportunity (up to 3 days a week)
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Life Insurance
- RRSP + Match
- Health Care Spending Account
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Best Doctors Program
- CONTACT Employee Assistance Program
- Short & Long Term Disability Coverage
- Monthly Paid Lunch
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- We are looking for a dedicated developer who writes code that they are proud of and can hit the ground running.
- You will be working on a variety of projects ranging from day-to-day code maintenance and bug fixes to new code development.
- Develop clean, maintainable code
- Work with designers and front end developers to ensure technical feasibility of UX / UI
- Assist with estimation of tasks to facilitate planning.
- Document code development and revisions
- Ensure all code is valid and conform to the W3C standards
- 5+ years of experience writing real world web applications in PHP
- 5+ years of experience with an MVC framework.
- Commitment to high-quality code and structure
- Outstanding analysis, problem-solving, communication, time management, and teamwork skills
- A desire to own a project from beginning to end, with a strong sense of pride in a job exceptionally done
- Great understanding of Object Oriented Programming and SOLID principles
- Excellent knowledge of web technologies
- Experience with relational (MySQL) databases
- Knowledge of Redis or other caching methods
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Excellent knowledge of Git
- Ability to analyze web pages for the purpose of optimizing load time
- Knowledge of Linux servers is a plus (LAMP)
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
EPIC, BUT UNNECESSARY:
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Experience working in or with creative agencies
- Experience managing servers