Reports to: Director of Education and Membership Services
Reporting directly to the Director of Education and Membership Services, the Marketing Coordinator will develop and implement the national marketing/communication plan in line with CSIA’s strategic goals. This position will require ongoing collaboration with our Regional Committee partners to ensure any and all National CSIA marketing programs align with regional marketing initiatives. In addition, the Marketing Coordinator will collaborate with the Communications Coordinator on all projects.
- Develops and implements an integrated Regional/National Marketing/Communication plan in line with CSIA’s strategic goals;
- Assists in the ongoing development of Alumni marketing strategies;
- Recommends methods to enhance marketing of our products and the organization;
- Creation and optimization of marketing initiatives and email campaigns to stimulate retention of existing members while growing new membership;
- Develops and coordinates promotional material as required;
- Responsible for maintaining and growing a member-valued Sponsorship Program that ensures a strong sponsorship/relationship management;
- Ensures all National/Regional websites, social media platforms and printed/electronic material support our marketing and branding strategies;
- Lead and manage a team of 6 volunteers via the Regional Marketing/Communication Council;
- Assists in developing new revenue streams through advertising sponsorships, partnership agreements and membership product sales;
- Assists in conducting and analysing market/member research activities on a regular basis to evaluate product, program quality and satisfaction;
- Updates and maintains the standards outlined in the organization’s “Brand Manual” conduct regular internal and external audits to ensure the safeguard of CSIA’s copyrights and logo usage;
- Coordinates the selection and ordering of the online store;
- Assists in the marketing and promotion of special events including: Member conventions, Interski, trade shows, on-snow programs and Regional event support;
- Occasionally attend various National/Regional member events as required to network, gather information and evaluate our marketing strategies;
- Assists in the preparation of an annual budget for the marketing/communication department;
- Assists on special projects as deemed required by the Director of Education and Membership Services;
- Performs all other tasks that may be required as deemed appropriate by the Director of Education and Membership Services.
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Membership and stakeholders focus and quality of service
- Decision making and initiative
- Conflict management
- Adaptable and a quick learner
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Personal effectiveness
- Job and technical knowledge
- Partnership/relationship building
- Creativity and innovation
- Project management
- Graphic design skills are a plus
JOB SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
The Marketing Coordinator must use initiative and judgment to organize and prioritize tasks, the workload and projects. The incumbent must also be very creative and meticulous as well as courteous, tactful and diplomatic with colleagues and various stakeholders.
- Demonstrates leadership and initiative; a Self-Starter
- Possesses public speaking skills
- Knowledge of marketing principles and strategies;
- Excellent knowledge in, and strong interest for, social media;
- Excellent communication skills in both French and English are essential (written and spoken).
- Strong work ethic, detail oriented and efficient.
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, WordPress, Campaigner, Adobe Suite, all social media platforms, Survey Monkey etc.
- Organisation skills, priority setting, ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced and technological environment;
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to changing priorities.
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION
The ideal candidate has:
- College or university degree in marketing or equivalent;
- Experience: 1 to 3 years as Marketing Coordinator or similar position;
- Experience with updating websites and various social media platforms;
The individual will work primarily out of the Montreal office in an open-office concept. Project deadlines will require occasionally working after-hours.