The World Federation of Hemophilia (WFH) is an international not-for-profit organization that provides global leadership to save an improve lives for people with hemophilia and other inherited bleeding disorders. Established in 1963, the WFH works with member organizations in 140 countries as well as through a network of international volunteers and healthcare providers to improve and sustain care and "Treatment for All" around the world.
The WFH is looking for a versatile and adaptable, results-oriented Communications Officer with on-trend knowledge, experience, and work organization skills to lead digital content & social media, as well as assist with communications material development for a variety of highly-visible WFH organization programs and departments.
Type of position: Regular, full-time
Reporting to: Director, Marketing & Communications
Location: Montreal Head office
Entry date: IMMEDIATE (at latest JAN 1st)
PRINCIPAL ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES -
The Communications Officer - Digital content & Social media will be responsible for the following areas:
- Develop, design, and implement online communications plans and strategies aimed at promoting the WFH and its activities, programs and events
- Manage all content related to website (write, edit, update) and coordinate with all departments ensuring quality control and process management
- Manage WFH e-newsletters and eblasts and provide writing, editorial, proofreading, production support to Marketing & Communications team and other departments as directed
- Manage all social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) including developing social media plans, strategies and coordinating translations and visuals
- Collaborate with the Marketing Coordinator in the development and production of print and electronic public relations materials suitable to target audiences
- Coordinate the World Hemophilia Day annual campaign (develop theme in collaboration across departments, lead social media strategy and planning, coordinate and manage web content and activities, manage international ‘light it up red’ campaign, etc.)
- Monitor media queries and other requests for information about the organization, and coordinate participation and media relations for special events to promote the WFH and its activities
- Track web analytics, social media insights and produce reports as needed
- Manage freelancers, translators, printers, etc.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS -
- University degree in communications or related field, or equivalent education
- At least three to five (3-5) years of recent relevant experience with social media, websites, online content; also communication project coordination & support – namely writing, editing, and production coordination
- Superior communications skills, both oral and written; ability to develop, edit, clear and convincing copy, visuals, presentations in English (main language of work); knowledge of French, Spanish, and/or another international language/s - an asset
- Highly-developed organization and work management abilities: details-oriented, effective at multi-tasking and working on several projects simultaneously within tight deadlines
- High computer literacy, with extensive skills with Windows MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook); experience in database content management - an asset
- Web content management skills (Wordpress, SEO, Google analytics) - an asset
- Graphic design skills - an asset
- Self-motivated, efficient, autonomous
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with superior abilities to work well with others in a team environment; sensitive to cross-cultural differences
- Legally entitled to live and work in Quebec, Canada; availability and willingness to undertake occasional international travel.
Salary will be commensurate with background and experience.
Please send in full confidence, an ENGLISH resume & cover letter – ESSENTIAL
Fédération mondiale de l’hémophilie / The World Federation of Hemophilia - http://www.wfh.org
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Une version française de l’affichage est disponible selon la demande.