Built on the Academy Award winning legacy of Mill Film, co-founded by Ridley Scott and Tony Scott back in 1997, the recently relaunched VFX studio has locations in Adelaide, Australia and Montreal, Canada, working on VFX for feature films and episodic content. With talent diversity and equality at the heart of Mill Film’s culture, we want to inspire the next generation of visual effects artists, to create a dynamic pool of talent and work with the latest technologies on ground-breaking productions.
Mill Film is seeking a seasoned Marketing leader to drive the strategy, planning and implementation of global marketing and communications programs to increase awareness and customer acquisition for Mill Film, recruit, and retain the best talent and engage employees and the community we play in.
Reporting to Technicolor’s FTV VFX Marketing Director, The Head of Marketing, Mill Film, will work with the Global MD to set the global strategy for Mill Film initiatives and is responsible for Mill Film’s external communications. This includes Mill Film brand initiatives, show campaigns, event attendance, awards entries, showreels, B2B marketing, Media Relations, digital and content management strategy and thought leadership opportunities.
The Marketing Manager is also responsible for working with client’s marketing departments and is the first point of contact for artist approvals on client owned content and security
- Owner of Brand identity – develop a unique value proposition and customer centric themes/messaging that increase brand awareness, globally and per region and ensure Its roll-out across all customer touch points (digital marketing, thought leadership, events, case studies, etc.);
- Project Promotion: Create assets to generate promotion around the projects we work on – activating the talent internally and externally, the culture, the technology expertise (and partnership) and our thought leadership approach to creating amazing visual experiences and look for opportunities to syndicate the content - digital marketing, media outreach, speaking opportunities, etc.;
- Build, manage and update the website and build and engage with audience on social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook;
- Award promotion – plan, create and enter VFX Awards;
- Organize promotional events such as conferences, tours and press visits and managing speaker opportunities;
- Build and manage influencers relations (institutions, media) to promote key differentiators and raise awareness of the brand, talent and projects we work on; For media, analyze media coverage
- Build relationship with clients (Studios, Directors, VFX Supervisors) not only as they provide approvals for copyrighted marketing materials but to look at opportunities to amplify our go to market with inclusion from clients on promotional campaigns, thought leadership, media advisories, testimonials, etc.
- Produce showreels for studio promotion, awards and bidding
- At least 10 years of leadership experience in media and entertainment marketing;
- Must be fluent in both English and French;
- Degree in marketing, communications, or related field is required;
- Demonstrated track record in planning and executing 360 integrated campaigns that create awareness, comprehension and desire to work with and at a brand;
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships, influencing and engaging with key target audiences: partners, clients, creatives, etc
- Successful track record in building narratives and positioning subject matter/thought leader with the media to achieve global recognition;
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs;
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance, and administration initiatives;
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skill;
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.