Our company is looking for a Special Events Coordinator with two years’ experience able to manage the following type of events:
- Private and corporate events
- Shows & performances on stage
You will handle events from start to finish, and be responsible of the hiring of external contractors. As the only point of contact, you will primarily coordinate with business owners, sales and marketing teams, conference exhibitors and show promoters. Our ideal candidate holds a bachelor’s degree or diploma in marketing or event planning, has successfully worked on events with up to 300+ attendees, and has a great deal of self-sufficiency in accomplishing their duties. Our goal is to increase the number of corporate events booked in our dedicated spaces, and we hope you can help us get there.
- Coordinate with vendors, exhibitors and stakeholders during event planning.
- Create advertising and manage social media platforms to increase sales.
- Manage event set up, tear down and follow-ups.
- Establish standardized event procedures and train staff into properly executing them.
- Build and adhere to an event budget to avoid project overruns.
- Track event key performance areas and identify items to work on for future events.
- College Diploma or Degree in Event Management, Marketing, Communications, or equivalent
- 2+ years’ professional experience in event planning, tradeshow coordination, or similar
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience coordinating large-scale events.
- Familiarity with technical equipment.
- Good communication skills and detail oriented
- Fluent in both French and English
- Creative personality with ability to develop and promote business using various modes of marketing including social media platforms.
- Ability to manage a budget and project costs.
- Be available to work within a flexible work week to accommodate client demands i.e.: be available to work on weekends.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- An extremely competitive yearly base salary between $40,000 and $60,000 according to experience.
- Variable compensation based on achieving sales & business targets.
- Contractual position
- Convenient and centralized location in Montreal, easily accessible by car or public transit.