The Senior Project Manager/Event Communications oversees a team of coordinators and acts as a coach/mentor to lead them to success. This individual is involved in the necessary steps in planning, organizing and executing corporate events and campaigns in Canada and abroad. This position supports the development of the strategic plan of the company and is an integral part of the company’s growth. The individual is a key player of an enthusiastic and passionate team and brings his/her planning and expertise into event management. In addition to this it is imperative this person is creative, detail oriented and extremely customer focused.
Reporting directly to the President, the Senior Project Manager/Event Communications works closely with clients, members of the planning team and the vendors to deliver an outstanding flawlessly executed event experience or live campaign. This role also supervises a group of coordinators. This is a full-time position located at the Montreal headquarters.
- Coach and lead a team of coordinators and planners
- Work closely with the customer, internal stakeholders and the supply chain to ensure that they are well aware of the different stages of the project
- Develop the project milestones and plan for the necessary resources for each project;
- Propose a critical path plan aligned with the client objectives;
- Establish the project budget and ensure the optimal management of it;
- Delegate to the event coordinator and or coordinate all the activities and resources to ensure a smooth event planning process as per the project plan and milestones;
- With the help of the event coordinators, Develop an ongoing network of providers across Canada and the globe for event and communications services
- Act as a buyer of event services;
- Develop strong relationships with customers as to maintain a rigour process in the delivery of client mandates.
- Oversee a team of event coordinators that assist with all the research, planning and coordination of various projects.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Project management experience required. PMI certification or event planning certificate are assets;
- At least five to ten years of relevant experience events, ideally in a company where the innovation is their driving growth (advertisement agency, communications, event industry, start-up);
- Main experience in corporate events coordination, meetings, training/teambuilding, in Canada and abroad;
- Perfectly bilingual (French/English), effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills; English is the mother tongue
- Strong experience in budget management as well as an understanding of different currencies and their impact on the event budget;
- Available for travel in Canada and abroad.
PERSONAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Ability to work in a fast-paced growing entrepreneurial and dynamic environment;
- Ability to prioritize under pressure;
- Creativity, curious and “artistic eye” with extreme attention to detail;
- Independent; strong organizational skills and care about efficiency;
- Meticulous and flexible and results oriented;
- Can work autonomously as well as in a team.
- The ability to delegate and coach others that report to you
- Ability to build a team
- Excellent client management skills with amazing patience and the ability to nurture relationships
- Excellent interpersonal skills
TOOLS AND IT SKILLS REQUIRED
- Strong interest for the new technologies;
- Excellent skills of the web tools (WordPress, SendGrid) and social medias;
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office 365. Experience using Collaborative software such as Teamwork or Basecamp are important assets.
Please send in both your Engish and French CV