Leading global payments provider Paysafe is looking for a Corporate Communications Specialist based out of its office in Montreal to join its Corporate Communications team.
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Communications in North America and working within the Group’s broader marketing teams in Montreal, London and other Paysafe offices, the Corporate Communications Specialist will be responsible for supporting the implementation and execution of external and internal communications projects in North America. As part of the role, the successful candidate will have a particular focus on supporting channel-specific and company-wide public relations, media relations, PR campaigns, as well as internal employee communications and meetings (i.e. Town Halls) within North America.
This is an opportunity to significantly help in amplifying the Paysafe brand in the region and play a key role in a team in an entrepreneurial, open, focused and pioneering company culture in the fast-paced and dynamic fintech industry.
- Advises and supports Corporate Communications and Marketing teams by designing and implementing external communications plans / strategies and activities related to the business;
- Closely collaborate with London-based Head of Internal Communications and local HR team with internal initiatives as required in North America (i.e. Town Hall presentations & coordination, developing communications materials);
- Develops and reviews communication materials including internal memos, press releases, video scripts, corporate messaging and presentations, ensuring language is consistent with Paysafe style, quality and tone of voice;
- Advise, support and liaise with senior management on both internal and external communication campaigns in the region;
- Develops thought leadership opportunities and media outreach programs with North American trade, consumer and tech media to further broaden the reach of the brand and the company recognition;
- Develop and implement a media outreach program with North American trade and consumer
- Provide media relations (inquiries and interview requests) and social media support during key events, campaigns and announcements;
- Monitor, analyze, and communicate PR results for major media announcements, campaigns editorial placements, and award wins.
- 3+ years of experience role either in-house or with a communications agency
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Communications or a related field
- Working experience in media relations preferable (i.e. PR agency experience)
- Shows business / commercial acumen
- Proficient in English and French languages (written and spoken)
- Experience in planning, developing and executing effective communications strategies that address business objectives on traditional and digital platforms
- Experience in writing communications materials (i.e. press releases, memos, articles, FAQs…etc.)
- Experience and knowledge of social media
- Proven ability to write for different audiences with clarity and authority (samples of writing will be a requirement for all short-listed candidates)
- Highly enthusiastic, intuitive, tenacious, disciplined, results focused and motivated
- Knowledge of Canadian and US consumer press
- Occasional travel to Europe and US required