Lune Rouge is a Montreal-based company that develops projects and makes investments. Its guiding principle is to contribute to innovation, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit, mainly in the areas of technology, entertainment and real estate. In addition, the company is committed to initiatives that have a positive social and ecological impact.
Within its entertainment and experience division, Lune Rouge is currently looking for Conceptual Artist who will report directly to the Creative Director.
The Conceptual Artist designs and produces visual material to effectively communicate creative concepts, ideas, moods, etc.
The incumbent of this position is specialized in developing concepts under different forms: skit, drawing and coloring. He has the ability to translate a text or an idea into an image. He is particularly passionate about scenic design, the world of entertainment, film, visual arts, etc. The Conceptual Artist can retouch some 3D model to add a touch of light, romance or other. He makes a creative reflection that allows him to quickly grasp the essence of projects.
- Develop high quality illustrations to help the Artistic Director demonstrate the project's initial intentions.
- Ability to create concepts from scratch using reference material and scripts.
- Create environments, characters, objects, moods and general style to provide visual as a communication tool.
- Make changes as needed to ensure that the work is consistent with the artistic vision.
- Be able to deliver works of art and items within the deadlines set by the production and follow the high quality standards set by the company.
- Respect the vision and color palettes sought by the artistic direction
- Adding material and coloring to 3D models of physical, virtual or character environments
- Iterate with more detail the sketches selected.
- Take into account the constraints and technical limitations of the project in order to propose concepts related to the reality of customers.
- Study established artistic direction (references, documents, etc.) in order to familiarise with the dispositions of the environments, objects and colors.
- Develop the artistic direction of the project with the rest of the artistic team.
- Participate actively in production meetings;
- Perform other related duties.
QUALIFICATIONS SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Convincing portfolio
- Masters Photoshop or similar illustration software (Corel Painter, Clip Studio Paint, etc.);
- Have creative fiber in several graphic styles;
- 3D modeling / texturing knowledge is an great asset;
- Great artistic culture (show, architecture, play, cinema, visual arts, etc.);
- Good team spirit and communication;
- Good sense of listening;
- Able to accept criticism and adapt to changes;
- Spirit of initiative and developed sense of the organization;
- Positive and professional;
- Bilingual (an asset).