Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources and matrixed reporting to the Vice President Business Development the manager provides support to Medicago’s communication needs. He/she is responsible for developing and implementing internal and external communication strategies and, in collaboration with communication and public relations agencies, he/she is responsible for promoting and maintaining Medicago’s corporate image.
- In collaboration with the management team, develop and implement communication strategies and objectives;
- Lead and maintain regular contact with departments and teams across the company to source internal information and news
- Graphic design of, but not limited to, promotional resources, advertisements, brochures, annual report, social media, website, presentations, banners and/or any other material for the company;
- Plan, write, update and monitor the content on our website, intranet, and other social media sites including various company documents (speeches, press releases, website, etc.) in collaboration with stakeholders;
- Develop a media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media and coordinate all public relations efforts
- Support government affairs activities
- Help create presentations and ensure Medicago’s corporate brand templates and design standards are respected;
- Participate in communication activities at conferences, symposiums, etc.;
- Respond to general inquiries;
- Carry out other activities as needed to support senior management;
- Coordinate external writing and proofreading services to ensure the uniformity of Medicago’s story, vision and purpose;
- Provide regular performance reports for the corporate website and social media accounts.
- A minimum of (7) years of professional communications and creative design experience, including five (5) in a similar role;
- Bilingual mastering English and with excellent writing and speaking skills in French;
- BA/MA degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Public Relations or a related discipline;
- Proven working experience in public relations required;
- Good understanding of new information technology, website content management systems, and social media;
- Knowledge of science and/or biotechnology is an asset;
- Excellent material development and writing skills;
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office 365 suite and specific software such as SharePoint, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, efficient and flexible individual; team player; positive attitude, demonstrates initiative, good judgement, ability to work independently;
- Excellent attention to detail, solid organization and analytical skills;
- Strong interpersonal and relational skills.