Friday, June 15, 2018
McGill University - Human Resources
POSTING FOR MANAGEMENT AND EXCLUDED POSITIONS
Provide leadership and direction in the provision of translation services to the University community ensuring that the language of non-English written communications is correct, precise and literate. Deliver or support the delivery of translation services to the University community.
- Translate and adapt into French documents of varying complexity and subject matter submitted by the University community.
- Make revisions and corrections to translated materials. May revise work of other translators by analyzing, correcting, and advising on work produced.
- Develop a good understanding of a variety of terminology and apply prescribed qualitative and quantitative production standards to meet specific requirements.
- Provide professional expertise and advice on a variety of translation issues/requests.
- Maintain good rapport with clients within the community by identifying needs and ensuring work is performed in accordance with established goals and objectives and the University's overall mission and culture.
- Assist in the administration and supervision of the operations of the unit.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Three (3) years' related experience
OTHER QUALIFYING SKILLS AND/OR ABILITIES:
The candidate is also expected to be a member of L'Ordre des traducteurs, terminologues et interprètes agréés du Québec (OTTIAQ). Must have an impeccable knowledge of the French language and excellent knowledge of the English language. Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Good understanding McGill University’s policy objectives. Excellent understanding of the ‘context’ ‘culture’ and ‘nuances’ of translating the English language to the French language (as opposed to direct literal translation). Excellent attention to detail.
Associate Director, Translation Services
(Grade 04) $50,800 - $63,500 (midpoint) - $82,600
Communications and External Relations
HOURS PER WEEK:
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae. The deadline to apply for this position is June 29, 2018 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, Staffing will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
McGill applicants, covered by the McGill Non-Unionized, Non-Academic Personnel Policies and Procedures, must apply to a regular M and Excluded position within ten (10) working days of the date of publication to maintain internal priority.
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, Professor Angela Campbell, Associate Provost (Equity and Academic Policies) at Via Isarta or 514-398-1660.