The Event and communications Coordinator plays a major role in assisting the Senior Planners with planning, organizing and executing of corporate event live campaigns in Canada and abroad. Working alongside the team, the position holder ensures that everything is prepared for the day of the event, creating a memorable and flawlessly executed event experience for the attendees.
The individual is a team player who enjoys the buzz of being busy and has excellent organization, interpersonal and administration skills with a keen eye for details. This is a full-time position located at the Montreal headquarters with occasional travel required.
- Assist the Senior Project Manager with the project plan, preparation and to coordinate all resources and steps required to organize the event;
- In collaboration with the team, prepare and organize all event logistics not limited to ground transport, audiovisual, production, attendee registration, accommodation, catering, décor, graphic design, video production and venue setup;
- Research venues, evet supply vendors and contractors;
- Coordinate and follow up with different vendors for the event ensuring the service will be delivered with the quality and within the timeline agreed;
- Prepare itemized budgets for event programs
- Prepare documentation needed for the project (concept deck, operation manual, registration and mailing lists, etc.);
- Oversee the on-site logistics, assembly, and dismantling of the event and troubleshoot on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly;
- Manage invoices payment and maintain up to date schedules;
- Support the Senior Event Planner with the communication plan implementation, including email campaigns administration and Mobile Apps content preparation;
- Participate in the post-event evaluation and propose improvements for future events.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor in communications or marketing;
- PMI certification or event planning certificate are assets;
- At least five years of relevant experience in events, ideally in a company where the innovation and creativity are their driving growth (advertisement agency, communications, event industry, start-up);
- First working experience or a real passion demonstrated for corporate events organization including meetings, congresses and training/team building;
- Perfectly bilingual (French/English), English is a first language effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills;
- Available for travel in Canada and abroad;
PERSONAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, growing entrepreneurial and dynamic environment;
- Excellent organizational skills, meticulous with outstanding attention to detail;
- Ability to prioritize under pressure;
- Problem-solving skills and diplomacy;
- Creativity, curious and “artistic eye”;
- Quick learner, with a flexible and proactive approach;
- Self-motivation and enthusiasm;
- Team player who can work autonomously;
- Extremely Customer Focused
- Good understanding of event technology and has event producer experience.
- Experience working with corporate clientele
- Very good with numbers/financial acumen
TOOLS AND IT SKILLS REQUIRED
- Strong interest in new technologies;
- Excellent Web tools (WordPress, SendGrid) and social media skills;
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge of Marketo, Photoshop, Attendify, E-Touches, CVENT and other collaborative software are valuable assets.