The Project Manager/Event Communications manages all the necessary steps in planning, organizing and executing corporate events in Canada and abroad. This position supports the development of the strategic plan and is an integral part of the company’s growth. The individual is a key player of an enthusiastic and passionate team and brings his/her communication, marketing skills and expertise into event management. In addition to this it is imperative this person is creative and extremely customer oriented.
Reporting directly to the Senior account strategists, the Event Project Manager works closely with clients, members of the team and the vendors to deliver an outstanding flawlessly executed event experiences. This role also supervises an event communications coordinator. This is a full-time position located at the Montreal headquarters.
- Work closely with the customer, internal stakeholders and the supply chain to ensure that they are well aware of the different stages of the project
- Develop the project milestones and plan for the necessary resources for each project;
- Propose a critical path plan aligned with the client objectives;
- Establish the project budget and ensure the optimal management of it;
- Delegate to the event coordinator and or coordinate all the activities and resources to ensure a smooth event planning process as per the project plan and milestones;
- Oversee the planning of logistics and not limited to ground transport, audiovisual, production, accommodation, catering, décor, graphic design, video and venue setup;
- Work closely with the production and design team to oversee the development of the event communication tools such as printing, email campaigns, web sites or mobile apps;
- Develop an ongoing network of providers across Canada and the globe for event and communications services
- Act as a buyer of event services;
- Develop strong relationships with customers ensuring that you become a lead planner for each of their events.
- Oversee a team of event coordinators that assist with all the research, planning and coordination of various projects.
- Ensure that the client is always being taken care of and reminded of all tasks required from them to ensure the plan is on target.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Bachelor degree in communications or marketing;
- Project management experience required. PMI certification or event planning certificate are assets;
- At least five to ten years of relevant experience events, ideally in a company where the innovation is their driving growth (advertisement agency, communications, event industry, start-up);
- Main experience in corporate events coordination, meetings, training/teambuilding, in Canada and abroad;
- Perfectly bilingual (French/English), effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills; English is the mother tongue
- Strong experience in budget management as well as an understanding of different currencies and their impact on the event budget;
- available for travel in Canada and abroad
- Ability to work in a fast-paced growing entrepreneurial and dynamic environment;
- Ability to prioritize under pressure;
- Creativity, curious and “artistic eye” with extreme attention to detail;
- Independent; strong organizational skills and care about efficiency;
- Meticulous and flexible and results oriented;
- Can work autonomously as well as in a team.
- The ability to delegate and coach others that report to you
- Excellent client management skills with amazing patience and the ability to nurture relationships
- Excellent interpersonal skills
IT Skills Required
- Strong interest for the new technologies;
- Excellent skills of the web tools (WordPress, SendGrid) and social medias;
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge of Marketo, Photoshop, Attendify, E-touches, CVENT and other collaborative software such as Teamwork or Basecamp are important assets.