Montreal OR Toronto!
Monster is a global online employment solution for people seeking jobs and employers who need to hire great people. Since the day of our founding in the fledgling days of the Internet over 20 years ago, we have never stopped helping our customers and job seekers to Find Better. With millions of jobs, cutting-edge technologies, global connections, and smarter solutions, Monster is continuing to change the ways that connect companies and talent.
Our mission is connecting the world’s jobs to people, everywhere by creating and delivering the best recruiting media, technologies and platforms; we strive every day to help our customers hire and help people find jobs, and we need great talent like you to make this possible.
YOU ARE highly creative, tenacious, gracious, problem solver and relationship builder? What are you waiting for?
MUST LOVE everything web and digital, team work and purple fur.
Monster is looking for a Content Manager to help shape our coverage on topics that matter to job seekers on different channels. The Content Manager will be responsible for crafting and managing a variety of written and audio/visual materials supporting Monster’s communications efforts across digital channels. These materials may include original blog posts and articles, tweets, photos, video as well as scouring the web to curate shareable content for Monster Worldwide’s audiences utilizing social media and traditional digital platforms. This role currently reports to the General Manager
The ideal candidate will have experience identifying and reviewing high-quality, actionable content, both evergreen and off the day’s news, from a journalistic approach. Most important, you will stay on top of the issues and trends relevant to Canada’s workforce and help decide how we translate these topics for Monster’s audiences, guiding our content third party producers.
Experience with data analysis is preferred, as you will regularly review content metrics to make decisions and you will work with our Monster insights team to look for stories in the data. Additionally, you’ll have a key role in the bigger picture: As we refine our content strategy and UI to maximize audience engagement, traffic, branding, and revenue, you’ll be asked to think creatively about new ways to engage our audience, both as whole and key segments.
- Stay on top of relevant news and audience insights to ensure full coverage of our core subject areas
- Help ideate content that meets audience needs while driving company KPIs
- Write and produce high-quality on-brand content
- Support the Monster brands both in French and English
- Write “clicky” headlines for social, CRM and site, and smart metadata for SEO
- Monitor audience behaviors via analytics tools, and respond by optimizing content
- Help maintain a monthly editorial calendar and control all social media timing and release through Hootsuite
- Create top-shelf quality that is consistently “on brand”
- Curate content from across digital channels for Monster’s job seeker, candidate and employer audiences
- Work with global teams to leverage existing assets.
- Manage Monster CMS site for seeker content
- Assist with Keylingo Translations relationship – project requests
- Manage and leverage global and local polls
- Liaise with PR agencies
- Belief in Monster’s mission to inspire people to help improve their lives
- Degree in journalism, marketing, communication, or relevant work experience
- 3+ years’ experience multimedia web content writing and management
- Collaborative attitude and experience working with cross-functional teams
- Stellar writing, and proofreading skills
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment
- Fluency with web analytics tools, content management systems and social media