McGill University, Faculty of Medicine
Type d'emploi : Permanent
Horaire : Temps plein
Domaine principal : Communications
Années d'expérience pertinente minimum : 3-4
Scolarité minimum : Diplôme universitaire
Salaire : 49 800$ to 81 000$
The Ingram School of Nursing (ISON) is expanding its administrative and support staff to support new initiatives in teaching and research excellence. Under the supervision of the Associate Director, Communications, Faculty of Medicine, and in support of the Ingram School of Nursing’s (ISON’s) mission and communication priorities, the incumbent is responsible for media communications and website management for the ISON.
- Work closely with the Associate Director, Communications, Faculty of Medicine in regards to ISON-specific communications strategy, planning and content. Create and develop content for both internal and external audiences, ensuring it is aligned with Faculty and ISON missions, priorities and objectives.
- Oversee and maintain the ISON website, including: design, navigation/structure, images/infographics/videos. Develop new content when required, ensuring that it adheres to the Faculty’s and University’s guidelines and standards. Recommend website improvements and oversee all website developments. Optimize website content for search engine marketing purposes. Monitor and improve responsive web design elements and make recommendations based on current trends and new developments.
- Identify, implement and evaluate the most appropriate media and resources to be used to achieve maximize coverage and objectives.
- Maximize ISON's use of social media. Determine its needs for images, videos and branding. Oversee and manage the development of branding initiatives in support of ISON’s objectives and aligned with Faculty and University guidelines. Ensure increased brand consistency across the School, its programs and with student groups.
- Oversee and manage design and creation of various promotional and other communication materials, as well as liaise with providers such as printers, designers, freelancers and other participants in the creation of such material.
- Market events such as McGill Caravan, Campus Connect and Homecoming events.
- Approve all printed materials, including stationery, branded items/materials, logo usages and guidelines, videos, photos, etc., ensuring consistency with Faculty and University guidelines.
- Work in concert with the University Advancement Office with regards to donor events.
- Collaborate in the annual e-calendar updates. Verify program/course revisions and admission criteria for each program.
- Oversee all Desktop and Mobile projects for the School.
- In collaboration with the School’s Associate Dean and Director and Faculty Communications Office, is responsible for the production of the School’s newsletter, as well as
- Draft and Manage the budget for the newsletter.
Minimum Education & Experience:
Undergraduate degree; Three (3) years' related experience
Other Qualifying Skills And/Or Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to create communication materials on a wide range of topics and to edit and print online publications.
- Proven track record of successfully developing and implementing communications plans in a higher education or nonprofit organization.
- Strong organizational, priority-setting, problem-solving, listening and verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to liaise with internal and external clients and to work autonomously and as part of a team in a fast-paced, changing, deadlineoriented environment.
- Demonstrated professionalism and discretion.
- Ability to anticipate possible difficulties, troubleshoot and implement solutions.
- Superior professional writing skills.
- Proven ability to work with computer applications, databases and presentation software, as well as spreadsheets and word processing programs.
- English and French, spoken and written is essential.
Reference Number: 16-1033/MR0412
Reporting To: Associate Director, Communications
Salary Range: (Grade 04) $49,800 - $62,300 (midpoint) - $81,000
Faculty/Unit: Faculty of Medicine, Ingram School of Nursing
Position Type: Full-Time
Hours Per Week: 33.75
Please submit your application online at http://www.mcgill.ca/medhr/positions-available/apply-now. Click on “APPLY NOW” and clearly indicate the reference number.
Postuler sur le site de recrutement de l'employeur
fenêtre s'ouvrira et vous mènera vers le site où l'employeur désire recevoir les candidatures.
Enregistrer cet emploi dans vos 'Emplois postulés',
Haut de page