Position Title: Community Manager
Position Type: Salaried
Do you love social media & social networking? Are you Internet savvy? Would you like to help manage the online reputation for some of the world’s largest brands? If so, ICUC is looking for a Community Manager to work remotely. Applicants must be prepared for a fast-paced, self-motivated, entrepreneurial, lifestyle. You will be given the opportunity to work with a diverse group people and a variety of clients in an ever changing industry. We look for team players with strong social networks that are able to work independently and collectively in a unique virtual environment.
As an ICUC Community Manager, your primary focus is to integrate with the client, provide best-in-class service, collaborate in creating compelling content, execute effective community management services, and provide thought leadership in social media strategy. You must be prepared to work in a fast-paced, self-motivated, entrepreneurial environment; be a team player who is social-savvy; and have the ability to work independently and collectively in an unique virtual environment.
This Community Manager role will be focused on developing, executing and managing a new and more aggressive social Advocate Program. The purpose of the program will be to improve brand perception and reputation, as well as to amplify positive messaging.
As an ICUC Community Manager, your day-to-date focus is to:
- On-Going management of existing brand advocates, tracking interactions, engaging with advocates, and managing program participation
- Using social intelligence to identify and select new advocates, scaling the program on a monthly basis.
- Assume the voice of the brand(s); connect and engage with fans and followers across all social networks
- Lead the organic development and growth of the various communities and social media activities across the client’s online purview
- Support the development of the social content strategy with the client’s social strategists and marketers
- Research, craft and post interactive, thoughtful, intelligent, and provoking content that encourages community participation
- Identify behavioural and technical issues, patterns, and trends in the community
- Pro-actively escalate issues, observations, opportunities, and insights through the relevant channels
- Provide superior customer service for all aspects of online community management (e.g. product issues and feedback, issues with social tools, etc.)
- Evaluate, moderate and report on clients’ current social media activities
- Identify, discuss, educate, and recommend new offerings that will help or enhance the value of the relationship, both related and unrelated to ICUC
- Communicate with clients regularly by video/phone calls, complemented by periodic in-person meetings
- Lead client meetings, be it weekly, monthly, quarterly, report-specific, etc.
- Act as a resource for the Directors and VP’s to help promote our community management and engagement services into existing moderation or monitoring-only services
- Work with VP, Client Services on renewals/account changes as required
- Work with our reporting team to ensure client reports are on target and are providing maximum value at the client requested cadence.
- Maintain current knowledge of the evolving social media space, ensuring best practices and thought leadership are shared with clients when appropriate
- Go above and beyond client and company expectations, bringing fresh and new ideas to leaders and always questioning the status quo.
As Community Manager you will:
- Participate in regular scheduled client calls, providing insights and soundbites when requested by client
- Travel for in-person client meetings as needed within Montreal, Canada
- Be able to advise client on platform specific concerns, abilities and best practices
- Regularly maintain and use Sprinklr publishing platform, Facebook Power Editor, Instagram and all native publishing tools
- Advise client and provide data driven research in planning and execution of social campaigns
- Provide guidance on possible areas of creative content such as trending hashtags and events
- Proactively provide client with thought leadership, best practice recommendations and data-driven insights to help advance their social presence
- Liaise with reporting team to ensure client requested reports provide deep insights and quality recommendations which go beyond a simple metrics report
- Content Creation
- Create and provide copy for social media channels
- Streamline and organize content calendar for client approval
- Schedule and publish all social content for client
- Social Media Strategy
- Support and maintain comprehensive social media strategy
- Support development of social media standards, policies, and rules
- Define performance indicators and implement measurement and analytics
- Brand Advocates
- Research and identify brand advocates.
- Track mentions of the brand by advocates
- Manage client notification of advocates, as needed
- Track and report on outcomes of advocate interactions and intervention
Targets will include:
Client Retention: Maintain an 4+ rating on the Client Satisfaction Survey
Performance criteria will include:
Client Retention: Responsiveness, Professionalism, Overall Feedback from Client
Community Management: Engagement Level of Social Copy, Innovative Recommendations for Improvements, Report Development, Timely Execution of Deliverables
Personal Leadership and Team Contribution: Continuous Self-Improvement, Distributes Team Work, Go-To Attitude
- Bi-lingual in English and Quebecois-French. Ability to read, write, and speak at native level proficiency in both languages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with engaging presentation skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong sense of account ownership and pride in work
- Strong time management skills with the ability to plan, prioritize, monitor, and respond to changes quickly
- Strong decision making skills coupled with good judgment
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Good sense of decorum and brand appropriateness
- Friendly, diplomatic, and imperturbable self-starter with the willingness and desire to take initiative and get the job done
- 2-3 years of social media management experience
- Past experience with creative content publishing
- Past experience in Public Relations/Media Relations is an asset
- Knowledgeable of past and current social media trends
- Must have a Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn accounts; be a regular user on them; and be knowledgeable of other social media sites to include Instagram, SnapChat, Tumblr, etc
- Experience in Social Media Management Systems like Hootsuite, Sprinklr,
- Background in crafting social content and writing copy, analyzing performance, and adjusting strategy accordingly for optimal results
- Proficient computer literacy proven through work experience in software applications, spreadsheet tabulations, to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in graphic design with Adobe Photoshop is a must
- Proven history of developing new, sustainable processes
- Must have adequate computer and headset/mic, and subscribe to high speed internet
- Must be proficient both speaking and writing in English and French
- The candidate will be required to successfully undergo a Criminal Record Check
- Must adhere to ICUC’s internal company policies
- Must complete ROWE certification within the first 3 months of employment
The role requires a confident self-starter approach, but support is available at every opportunity. We value innovative thinking and the pace of the business requires a focused, get-on-with-it attitude.
We encourage feedback and issues should be raised as soon as possible to ensure quick resolution