Hints & tips
News & Trends
Follow us on:
Just For Laughs
Senior Publicity Manager
Job Type: Temporary
Hours: Full Time
Main field: Communications
Years of minimum relevant experience: 4-5
Minimum education: Bachelor's Degree
JFL, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is hiring for the contract position of SENIOR PUBLICITY MANAGER, a key player in publicity strategies and campaigns for the Montreal festival.
As a member of the Marketing & Communications department, the Senior Publicity Manager plans, developments and implements publicity strategies that promote JFL as a high quality arts event with cultural significance and major tourist desirability.
The Senior Publicity Manager manages the delivery of media collateral, new and ongoing relationships with media, relationships with artists and their representatives; and relevant industry and stakeholders. They will be involved in the hiring and managing of a team of nine employees including Senior and Junior publicists.
We are looking for an experienced media professional, passionate and knowledgeable about the arts with a minimum of 5yrs+ at a senior level management role with relevant experience or equivalent. Experience working in arts media and communications is desirable, as is an understanding of the comedy industry. Bilingual is an asset.
The Senior Publicity manager will work closely with communications and marketing staff to actively promote festival programming and initiatives to the media.
Responsibilities will include :
- Develop and manage media strategies that support the Festival’s annual programming.
- Develop and manage media strategies that support the ongoing national and international profile of the Festival.
- Through these media strategies, attain maximum media coverage for the Festival in line with its artistic and commercial objectives.
- Write, edit, and circulate press releases, media advisories, and other communications materials, as required.
- Candidate should already have a strong database of press contacts; and should use and expand on these to build on the profile already achieved by the Festival.
- Coordinate and manage Festival press conference and other media events.
- Recruitment and management of contract publicity team.
- Direct the publicity team on Festival’s top press priorities identified by programmers.
- Be an active member of the team, working effectively with other Festival staff to achieve the overall goals of the organization.
- Respond quickly and efficiently to day-to-day media enquiries and managing of the publicity office.
- Maintain standard and regular reports of publicity activities.
- Managing business administration of PR department
- Day to day PR budget management, staff scheduling, +
- Contribute to the overall objectives and workflow of the Marketing & Communications Department.
- Assisting with other Corporate Communications activities, as required
- A minimum of five years senior publicity experience, preferably in the arts.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- A thorough understanding of media practices and trends across all current and emerging mediums.
- An ability to plan and deliver complex media campaigns.
- Highly developed people, project and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively both as a team leader and a team member.
- Proven ability to work under pressure.
- Proven ability to plan and prioritize an often heavy workload.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a large program with diverse events.
- An established networks of contacts within the Arts media.
- Experience in a high-profile, busy and dynamic environment.
- A demonstrated ability to take a flexible and creative approach to successfully manage media issues.
Job Status: 14 week contract
Start Date: May 1, 2017
Web : www.hahaha.com
Top of page